Motels near OCC for TBT | Syracusefan.com

Motels near OCC for TBT

DonLightfoot

All Conference
Should know in a couple of days if I can make this. My friend who lives just south of Lafayette (south of Syracuse) now has his brother-in-law coming for that weekend to attend a wedding so my staying with him will be out. I've googled until I was blue in the face and can't find a motel between him and the I-81/I-481 area. Since he will be handling the "taxi" duties to and from the college, somewhere in that area would be best. Don't need anything fancy, just a decent place that won't cost me an arm and a leg to convert my Canadian money. Any ideas would be appreciated.

There’s a Quality Inn in Tully but it’s the opposite direction and is about 4 miles south of LaFayette right off 81.

There’s a Quality Inn in Tully but it’s the opposite direction and is about 4 miles south of LaFayette right off 81.
There is nothing south of Syracuse until you reach Tully. After that is Cortland and that would be a long drive.

There are some west of OCC in Skaneateles, there’s also a Budget Inn on 4406 S Salina St (sketchy neighborhood though) and maybe it would be worth giving OCC a call to see if they rent out dorm rooms during the summer. I know many other colleges etc do have the option for travelers to rent out rooms during the summer. Oswego St used to do it during Harborfest. Maybe calling 315-498-2000 listed at the bottom of this link and asking to talk to someone regarding Residence Halls could work. Costs and Buildings - Residence Halls - Onondaga Community College

Good luck!

There is a new one right by Costco in Camillus Called Tru. It is under the Hilton chain. It is 6 miles or so away. I have no idea what the cost is, I haven't stayed there. I usually stay in the Marriott chains.

https://tru3.hilton.com/en/hotels/new-york/tru-by-hilton-syracuse-camillus-SYRRURU/index.html
I think that would be a good area to target. Easy to get to and from OCC from Camillus and there are some nice restaurants and things to do in the general area.

If you have a lot of money and like scenic areas, look to book a room in Skaneateles. Really quaint older village with nice restaurants located at the head of one of the Finger Lakes. There are some smaller bed and breakfast/inn type places to stay in the village. Or you could stay at one of the hotels in the Armory Square area, which has a good night life, or close to the DestinyUSA mall, if you want to get some shopping in.

Lots of good options.

Stay at the Tru Hotel in Camillus in Township 5. Easy drive to OCC from there.

Honestly, Hotel Syracuse is probably the closest hotel to OCC. It's like a 4.5 mile drive. You just take W. Onondaga to South Ave/175.

Stay at the Tru Hotel in Camillus in Township 5. Easy drive to OCC from there.
I've stayed at Tru. Designed for milleniuals. I was ok with it. My wife didn't care for it. However that area has some good food and beverage options.

Don't live in the Cuse anymore but I lived in Camillus and attended OCC for a bit. Very easy Drive and it may tak 15 fo 20 from that location. That area has changed tremendously but it has plenty of food and drinks nearby. Only way you may do better is the air bnb option!

Honestly, Hotel Syracuse is probably the closest hotel to OCC. It's like a 4.5 mile drive. You just take W. Onondaga to South Ave/175.
Just make sure you have bulletproof windows.

Why are you always so negative, man? Yeah, it's not the nicest neighborhood, but I used to drive down South Ave almost every day, and I left my armored vehicle at home without incident.
You were triggered because I used sarcasm to describe an unsafe neighborhood. Good luck with that.

I take Salina/South Ave because we don't have a western bypass :(. Just because you personally haven't experienced anything in your commutes doesn't mean others haven't. I'm actually more stressed about hitting the residents who just like to jaywalk through those streets wherever they feel entitled... or the drivers who have no insurance and could care less if they swipe your car.

You were triggered because I used sarcasm to describe an unsafe neighborhood. Good luck with that.

I take Salina/South Ave because we don't have a western bypass :(. Just because you personally haven't experienced anything in your commutes doesn't mean others haven't. I'm actually more stressed about hitting the residents who just like to jaywalk through those streets wherever they feel entitled... or the drivers who have no insurance and could care less if they swipe your car.

Perhaps if your posting history wasn't so chock full of negative garbage about the city and the university, it wouldn't have "triggered" me, as you put it. People from out of town should put absolutely no credence into whatever opinion you have to offer about the city, as it's most certainly skewed by your constant negative lens.

Perhaps if your posting history wasn't so chock full of negative garbage about the city and the university, it wouldn't have "triggered" me, as you put it. People from out of town should put absolutely no credence into whatever opinion you have to offer about the city, as it's most certainly skewed by your constant negative lens.
That's a lazy response if you think I'm negative about the city. I'm actually one of its biggest supporters here, constantly defending it against those who whine about the weather, the economy, etc. Maybe you're confusing my thoughts on the basketball program (and South Ave) with my general outlook and opinion of all things Syracuse. I'm a lifer, born and raised in this town. I have a degree and resume that could take me and my family anywhere, and I'd never consider leaving. Scary thought for some, but this region needs thousands more like me to double down, raise a family here, and reinvest in the local economy. There's so much that people take for granted. It's really a shame.

And yes I think the basketball program is sick and not in the good way. But I still appreciate the fact that we have an ACC caliber program with a rich history, a tremendous fan base and a stadium that makes us unique. Basketball is down but football is back, so it's like the mid 90s all over again.

Just booked a room at Quality Inn, Tully. Turns out it is only about 2 minutes from my buddy's place. Thanks for all the input gang.

So you went with the very first suggestion. :)