Motion/ Movement | Syracusefan.com

Motion/ Movement

iommi

Living Legend
Everything tends to look better after a big win but I did think we moved the ball better today and had much better movement OFF the ball.

JB mentioned in his presser that Marek was left unguarded and he got himself in better positions on the floor to score but I think that was by design. He was in the short corner more than he's been. He can make that shot and he did today. When he was outside, he was a tremendous trigger man. His passing instincts are elite. I think he's our best passer.

I also thought that we seemed to largely do away with Chukwu setting the ball screens that have been bogging us down and creating double teams. One exception was when we came out of a timeout and used Sidibe to set a ball screen, creating a Frank (?) drive and basket. Sidibe is much better setting the ball screens anyway because he's a threat to roll and finish. He will be great next year at that, assuming he's healthy.

Great adjustments today by JB. I thought it was his best-coached game of the season and it was against one of the best in Larranaga

Everything tends to look better after a big win but I did think we moved the ball better today and had much better movement OFF the ball.

JB mentioned in his presser that Marek was left unguarded and he got himself in better positions on the floor to score but I think that was by design. He was in the short corner more than he's been. He can make that shot and he did today. When he was outside, he was a tremendous trigger man. His passing instincts are elite. I think he's our best passer.

I also thought that we seemed to largely do away with Chukwu setting the ball screens that have been bogging us down and creating double teams. One exception was when we came out of a timeout and used Sidibe to set a ball screen, creating a Frank (?) drive and basket. Sidibe is much better setting the ball screens anyway because he's a threat to roll and finish. He will be great next year at that, assuming he's healthy.

Great adjustments today by JB. I thought it was his best-coached game of the season and it was against one of the best in Larranaga

Good points about Marek. He has, by far, the best feel for the game and passing skills of any of the regulars. He also needs to keep taking those open shots.

Part of the genius of JB over the years is putting guys in the best position to score.

Good points about Marek. He has, by far, the best feel for the game and passing skills of any of the regulars. He also needs to keep taking those open shots.

Part of the genius of JB over the years is putting guys in the best position to score.

Not going to turn this thread into a s-show but I'd argue that point all day. I think his not doing this is among his biggest failures as a coach and a byproduct of our lack of offensive sets.

That said, Marek has a very high basketball IQ and he demonstrated it today.

Not going to turn this thread into a s-show but I'd argue that point all day. I think his not doing this is among his biggest failures as a coach and a byproduct of our lack of offensive sets.

I posted a video a few months ago of Calhoun talking about JB’s brilliance at getting the right guys in their best positions to score. He was a effusive about it. I’ll take his HOF opinion over yours.

does not everyone realize that Marek is making plays no he did not even want to try the first 6-8 weeks. confidence is a wonderful thing.. still wish we finished a but better around the rim. 4-5 layups would have made it easier to watch.

Lawrence Moten in particular and countless others prove the disputed point.

does not everyone realize that Marek is making plays no he did not even want to try the first 6-8 weeks. confidence is a wonderful thing.. still wish we finished a but better around the rim. 4-5 layups would have made it easier to watch.
Was thinking that after the game. Great seeing him grow. Also Brissett, as frustrating as he is on finishing, I can still see him developing, like his 3 pt shot. And that's what this season was going to be for me anyways, so I'm liking it.

Do you mean just this year, or every year? Regardless, where do you think he should be positioning players to score better?

Skip ahead to 3:50 mark in clip below. This Calhoun guy seems to know what he is talking about:

People think he doesnt tell kids where to go to be effective? that doesnt mean they can feel it and see it at speed from the get go?

If we had centers to dump it down to 4-5 times a game they movement would look so much better

Do you mean just this year, or every year? Regardless, where do you think he should be positioning players to score better?

Skip ahead to 3:50 mark in clip below. This Calhoun guy seems to know what he is talking about:

Awesome video. I can listen to great coaches talk hoops like that all day.

Re: ball movement
  • The ball doesn't move very fast when it's being dribbled around; wish we had a better passing scheme
  • For all our reliance on picks and screens, you'd think we'd be better at the technique of taking defenders into them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom