Mount rushmore of coaching | Syracusefan.com

Mount rushmore of coaching

Briancuse

Living Legend
We have done a syracuse one figured I would get the boards thoughts on a coaching one. All sports college and pro.

Bellichick
Lombardi
Wooden
Saban

Saban was the toughest one it was between him coach k and popovich.

We have done a syracuse one figured I would get the boards thoughts on a coaching one. All sports college and pro.

Bellichick
Lombardi
Wooden
Saban

Red Auerbach?

Bellichick
Lombardi
Wooden
Saban

Why do you have 3 footballers. There are guys in baseball and hockey with as good if not better resumes. Toe Blake-Eight Stanley Cups in 13 seasons including his first five as a head coach. That record will never come close. Joe McCarthy-Seven World Series titles including 4 straight in 16 seasons. Red Auerbach-Eight straight World Championships with the Celtics.

Except for John Wooden, you could argue your other three not make the cut.

Why do you have 3 footballers. There are guys in baseball and hockey with as good if not better resumes. Toe Blake-Eight Stanley Cups in 13 seasons including his first five as a head coach. That record will never come close. Joe McCarthy-Seven World Series titles including 4 straight in 16 seasons. Red Auerbach-Eight straight World Championships with the Celtics.

Except for John Wooden, you could argue your other three not make the cut.
Because those 3 were\are that good. No disrespect for baseball managers but they just don't influence the game like a football or bball coach does.

Because those 3 were\are that good. No disrespect for baseball managers but they just don't influence the game like a football or bball coach does.

Yep wouldn't have a baseball manager in my top 100.

OC’s/DC’s often have just as much if not more to do with the team’s success as the HC. See Buddy Ryan and the big BS’er Mike Ditka.

Please @ me.

I mean, if we're going by pure success and trying to represent different sports, it would be Wooden, Stengel, Bear Bryant, and Scotty Bowman

Bellichick
Lombardi
Wooden
Saban

Gerg Robinson? For his college coaching prowess?

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 9.09.02 PM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom