MOve back the 3 pt line!!! | Syracusefan.com

MOve back the 3 pt line!!!

Or at least FIBA distance.

I would take that, and the ability to touch the ball on the rim offensively. When it is obviously going out, and a player puts it in then I don't see anything wrong with it. FIBA easily has the best rules, in my opinion.

I agree completely. This is a rule change that makes perfect sense, instead of 4 fouls per team before the bonus with a hazy "reset" at the 10 minute mark.

I would take that, and the ability to touch the ball on the rim offensively. When it is obviously going out, and a player puts it in then I don't see anything wrong with it. FIBA easily has the best rules, in my opinion.
Also the immediate inbounding off turnovers

No 1 and 1, move the line back, and no alternate possession just jump the dang ball

Just institute NBA rules all around, including the ability to move the ball up after a timeout.

Just institute NBA rules all around, including the ability to move the ball up after a timeout.

I'd rather have the ability to move the ball up than the moving the line back honestly (though I'd like both).

I hate that rule. What about a team that is losing and is pressing?
It's mainly used by the team that is losing, to move the ball up past halfcourt to get a legit shot off under a couple seconds.

IMO, that outweighs the ability to escape a press in terms of tactical ability and excitement.

It's mainly used by the team that is losing, to move the ball up past halfcourt to get a legit shot off under a couple seconds.

IMO, that outweighs the ability to escape a press in terms of tactical ability and excitement.
Did I mention that I hate that rule?

Hasn't Silver said NBA end of games take too long? Besides the fouls, I think a lot of it is because of this rule. Coaches hoard their timeouts just to move the ball up in the last minute.

make it NBA distance. Every college game feels like a 3 point contest. Too many 3s it's getting hard to watch.
I really don't understand why it takes the NCAA so many years to make adjustments. It's easier to get FDA approval for a new cholesterol pill than it is to move the line back.

Omg. Please. Why not just award 2 points for calling a timeout while we're at it. Or better yet, let's just remove the backcourt altogether and just use one basket. We don't want to inconvenience anyone.

Omg. Please. Why not just award 2 points for calling a timeout while we're at it. Or better yet, let's just remove the backcourt altogether and just use one basket. We don't want to inconvenience anyone.
Well, that was a dramatic response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom