Move over NIT, another post season tourney is here | Syracusefan.com

Move over NIT, another post season tourney is here

Is this a new off-season tradition?
This was basically the same stuff that was proposed last year.

I can’t see this tourney not having the same issues as the NiT does in terms of rejection.

Last edited:
why would this be any more of a draw for bubble teams than the NIT? I mean sure if you want the dregs of the big10/big12 and big east duking it out the same time the sweet 16/elite -final four... more power to ya

I think it would be interesting to have groups like in soccer. Limit it to the P4.

So if this were next year and the teams finished the same way...

Group A- Pitt, Cincy, Ohio State, Ole Miss
Group B- VA Tech, K State, Iowa, Oklahoma
Group C- Cuse, Utah, Indiana, Georgia
Group D- Wake, UCF, Minnesota, LSU

That gives every team 3 games in 3 days. Then the four group winners meet in another location in the semifinals knockout style.

My slightly educated guess:
Saudi backed fund starts a post season tourney outside NCAA realm to potentially compete for BCS and NCAA Tourney. Higher education loves money and loves to dream of sports being self funded so they’ll have to weigh the optics if it ever comes to fruition.

Terrible idea!

I'm not offended by the idea of this tournament in any way. If they want to compete with the NIT, be my guest.

I just don't see it being a realm you would want to compete in anyway given what we see in the NIT. Just doesn't seem like a business idea that has a growing product.

This could be the worst idea ever. Who the hell is gonna play in this seeing its two weeks after the season ends

This is a direct correlation to the acc and big east especially not getting more bids

I'm not offended by the idea of this tournament in any way. If they want to compete with the NIT, be my guest.

I just don't see it being a realm you would want to compete in anyway given what we see in the NIT. Just doesn't seem like a business idea that has a growing product.
I’m not offended, it’s just stupid.

This could be the worst idea ever. Who the hell is gonna play in this seeing its two weeks after the season ends

This is a direct correlation to the acc and big east especially not getting more bids
Unless there is NIL money involved?

Who cares? If the kids who don't get into the real Dance want to play a few more games let them. I'm not going to watch, but feel free to play. Who wants to go to class anyway?

May be a tournament made up of teams formed from portal players will be interesting.

They don't represent the schools, just themselves.

There is price money associated with the event as they advance.

Any player can quite any team at any time and join another team at any time, even after half time you can join your opponent if that team pays you more.

When does a college invitational start during the offseason with money flowing around?

Just expand the NCAA to 80 teams and kill the other postseason tournaments. Also, have all of the conference tournaments end on Saturday afternoon at the latest so they can move the Selection Show up a day to Saturday night so teams have an extra day prep for the round of play in games starting Tues/Wed.

When does a college invitational start during the offseason with money flowing around?
I said before with every year being a rebuild maybe it’s time to revisit the rule that programs can only play during the summer once every 4 years. I would love NIL tournaments every August as a way to get the new guys comfortable. If anything it helps the on-court product during the early regular season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom