Movie suggestions for Netflix | Syracusefan.com

Movie suggestions for Netflix

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Just started a free month trial. See headline of this thread.

Warrior

Awesome, awesome movie that not many people have seen, unfortunately.

Plot summary? Give me a smidgeon.
Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton are brothers, their recovering alcoholic and formerly abusive dad is Nick Nolte (he was nominated for an Oscar for his role), and they grew up in a severely dysfunctional family.

Both of them, for different reasons, find their way into a huge MMA tournament. Hardy plays a Marine with a secret, and Edgerton is a teacher who is on the verge of losing his house due to the economy, so they have different reasons for needing to win the tournament. Obviously, they wind up in the championship against each other.

It's one of the best sports movies I've seen in a long, long time, and I don't even like MMA. It's exceptionally well acted. Kind of a Rocky vibe to it, except you get two Rockys, who are brothers, in the final match.

NOTE: It's a long movie. Like, two and a half hours.

Tom Hardy and Joel Edgarton are brothers, their recovering alcoholic and formerly abusive dad is Nick Nolte (he was nominated for an Oscar for his role), and they grew up in a severely dysfunctional family.

Both of them, for different reasons, find their way into a huge MMA tournament. Hardy plays a Marine with a secret, and Edgarton is a teacher who is on the verge of losing his house due to the economy, so they have different reasons for needing to win the tournament. Obviously, they wind up in the championship against each other.

It's one of the best sports movies I've seen in a long, long time, and I don't even like MMA. It's exceptionally well acted. Kind of a Rocky vibe to it, except you get two Rockys, who are brothers, in the final match.

very good movie

Tom Hardy and Joel Edgarton are brothers, their recovering alcoholic and formerly abusive dad is Nick Nolte (he was nominated for an Oscar for his role), and they grew up in a severely dysfunctional family.

Both of them, for different reasons, find their way into a huge MMA tournament. Hardy plays a Marine with a secret, and Edgarton is a teacher who is on the verge of losing his house due to the economy, so they have different reasons for needing to win the tournament. Obviously, they wind up in the championship against each other.

NOTE: It's a long movie. Like, two and a half hours.

I'm watching it tonight.

Oh, and because I haven't seen Bronson, this was the movie I looked at when Hardy was cast as Bane in Dark Knight Rises and thought "yep, that is most definitely a guy who could in fact kick the ever loving out of Batman."

I'm watching it tonight.
Cool, I'm interested to hear whether you enjoy it.

(I may be rewatching it right now on my work computer, but cannot confirm nor deny)

the warriors.
the-warriors21.jpg

(clinkclinkclink)"warriors come out and plaaaayyy!!!!"(clink clink)

You warriors are good. Real good.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, and because I haven't seen Bronson, this was the movie I looked at when Hardy was cast as Bane in Dark Knight Rises and thought "yep, that is most definitely a guy who could in fact kick the ever loving out of Batman."

Yes, watch Bronson.

Old Pacino films are all over Netflix, if you haven't seen them, start watching.

Also, The Marinovic Project is good, and you see Mikhail for 3 seconds so u have the SU connection.

The Parking Lots Movie is a fun easy-to-watch documentary.

Tucker and Dale vs Evil is pretty decent funny/horror film. And the super hot blond from 30 Rock is in it looking super hot.

Katrina%20Bowden%20-%20FHM%20and%20Maxim%20Australia-09.jpg

I assume you're looking for under the radar suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom