MSG/Barclays Thanksgivng | Syracusefan.com

MSG/Barclays Thanksgivng

mlbball99

2nd String
Last year Syracuse played at MSG over Thanksgiving break. It was great..draws a lot of alumni as usual..

Now that we dont have the BET after this year we should try to make it an annual tradition to have a game at Barclays or MSG during thanksgiving break...Im personally jealous os everyone who get to be at Barclays tonight to see there teams play

WHY do we have a game at the dome tomorrow night when not 1 student is in town..

There werent any students in town for the wagner game? Are they not supposed to play home games over the holidays?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Next year is out (SU will be in Maui).

2014: 2K Sports Classic at MSG.

2015: Battle 4 Atlantis in the Bahamas.

i dont like when we play the preseason nit at the garden. no beer sales, and its half empty. and the championship game is on 5pm on friday, such a dumb time.

They definitely should make an effort to play games in NY but it doesn't have to be limited to Thanksgiving, in fact the timing pushes the attendance down, I've been to a few pre-NIT games that SU played in and MSG is more than half-empty. Now when they played in the 2K Sports Classic the weekend before Thanksgiving vs UNC 3 years ago, I've never seen MSG more packed for a pre-conference game. Of course I'll make my best effort to go regardless of when they play. I've lost track of the events being played at MSG/Barclays and I'm not inclined to look it up at the moment, but there are several options besides the NIT (which does lose points for lack of beer sales).

There werent any students in town for the wagner game? Are they not supposed to play home games over the holidays?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

It was boneheaded to schedule two games (including the home opener) during this unnecessarily long Thanksgiving "break" (now nine days long instead of the traditional five). The home slate was put together in a pretty fan-unfriendly way this year. We're already ~5,000 down on last year's attendance.

The home slate was put together in a pretty fan-unfriendly way this year. We're already ~5,000 down on last year's attendance.

Better than the football schedule.

Better than the football schedule.

In that we get our usual number game games played in our building, yeah.

Considering the dates and times of some of those games (more than one pre-7:00 p.m. weekday tip, New Year's Eve game, home opener with no students, no non-conference home game a name school), there are a couple head-scratchers.

Considering the dates and times of some of those games (more than one pre-7:00 p.m. weekday tip, New Year's Eve game, home opener with no students, no non-conference home game a name school), there are a couple head-scratchers.
Between the game in San Diego and the SEC-challenge game at Arkansas, our ability to schedule OOC home games (especially on weekends) was a bit curtailed from previous years. Actually, it's kind of funny. Some people complain about the lack of OOC road games ... then others complain about the OOC schedule at the Dome. You can't have it both ways.

I actually like the new years eve game. I am going to take the entire family. That night sucks anyways and is a total amateur hour.

I actually like the new years eve game. I am going to take the entire family. That night sucks anyways and is a total amateur hour.
I believe the New Year's Eve game is at 3 p.m. If (big "if") we win all the games before that, JB would be going for his 903rd win in that game.

I believe the New Year's Eve game is at 3 p.m. If (big "if") we win all the games before that, JB would be going for his 903rd win in that game.

Well I'll be dammed. Thanks Joyve. Didnt know that.

Between the game in San Diego and the SEC-challenge game at Arkansas, our ability to schedule OOC home games (especially on weekends) was a bit curtailed from previous years. Actually, it's kind of funny. Some people complain about the lack of OOC road games ... then others complain about the OOC schedule at the Dome. You can't have it both ways.

Not the end of the world; out of conference, we're hamstrung by a couple special games.

I'm happy to see SU play anyone at any time. Not everyone feels that way, though, and I think we'll have attendance that reflects that.

I'd rather be at the Dome than anyplace else that night. Pretty dull holiday and I'll be celebrating it the best way I know how. Probably not going to be a great draw, though.