MSG officially on board | Syracusefan.com

MSG officially on board

Now someone needs to make sure that MSG isn't blacked out on FIOS for games that CNY Central or Time Warner doesn't have rights to or isn't showing.

I'm sure there will be some screw-ups along the way before they iron this out. Just glad to see that the NY stations are involved, although I doubt it will be as good as SNY's coverage.

Now someone needs to make sure that MSG isn't blacked out on FIOS for games that CNY Central or Time Warner doesn't have rights to or isn't showing.
did you guys up there lose cbs on time warner??

or is that just a NYC thing??

time warner and their little time warner sports channel need to go away.

time warner and their little time warner sports channel need to go away.

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is awesome news for Directv subscribers like me. YES and MSG are both on Directv. Time Warner Cable Sports Channel, of course, is not.

Yep

boggles my mind that a major network is off a cable system.

come to FIOS all......

100_0313.jpg

I'm ready!!

boggles my mind that a major network is off a cable system.

come to FIOS all......
Didn't FIOS go thru the same thing with Fox a couple of years ago?
Seems like it happens periodically with TW, FIOS, Comcast etc when they are negotiating with providers.

Yep

You lost CBS? I still have it on my Time Warner. My roommate watches Big Brother obsessively and he hasn't missed a beat.

Didn't FIOS go thru the same thing with Fox a couple of years ago?
Seems like it happens periodically with TW, FIOS, Comcast etc when they are negotiating with providers.
dont know.

ive been FIOS since 09, and the only problem Ive ever really had was with jimmy dolan.

he allowed the MSGs on FIOS, but not in HD.

i credit Carmelo for getting that wrong, righted. there was a very large public outcry to watch the Knicks again, so the switch was flipped on for the 11-12 season.

well him and the minor detail that FCC said it was illegal to do so.

Still have CBS. Lost Showtime, and all CBS On Demand programming and access to cbs.com :noidea:

Still have CBS. Lost Showtime, and all CBS On Demand programming and access to cbs.com :noidea:
Same for me no show time, movie channel or anything else that is a CBS property.

Just an FYI while this may sound good its not good for SU and the ACC. FOX is subleasing its tier 3 games it purchased from Raycom to MSG. This means FOX is going to want even more money from the ACC to purchase back those tier 3 rights for an ACC Network to launch. The more distribution FOX can get for these rights the more the ACC is going to have to pay to get them to start an ACC Network. So while people may think this is good its not long term if you want the ACC Network to continue rolling. If the ratings are good FOX will want even more money and if they suck then it will hurt the ACC's chances to get its network on in NYC.

Just an FYI while this may sound good its not good for SU and the ACC. FOX is subleasing its tier 3 games it purchased from Raycom to MSG. This means FOX is going to want even more money from the ACC to purchase back those tier 3 rights for an ACC Network to launch. The more distribution FOX can get for these rights the more the ACC is going to have to pay to get them to start an ACC Network. So while people may think this is good its not long term if you want the ACC Network to continue rolling. If the ratings are good FOX will want even more money and if they suck then it will hurt the ACC's chances to get its network on in NYC.

Good point but the more Syracuse and the ACC appears in NYC the better. This gives both SU and the conference a head start on grabbing the market and puts the product on the 2 most important networks (MSG and YES) in the area.

This is awesome news for Directv subscribers like me. YES and MSG are both on Directv. Time Warner Cable Sports Channel, of course, is not.
Agreed. Being an out of town fan, I love that I can get MSG/YES on DirecTV. My one concern is for the one or two games that Time Warner may produce locally. I sort of remember SNY picking those up in the past and hope MSG would do the same.

That's right. The real problem is the deal the ACC made with Raycom giving them the rights to so many games. By doing this the ACC lost control of a substantial amount of inventory for little in return due their longtime (some would say incestuous) relationship and nepotism. I don't understand why the ACC didn't cut Raycom out and just control the placement of games that ESPN doesn't want. Raycom turned around and sold most of the inventory to Fox. Gee, couldn't the ACC have done that itself? Better yet, kept the inventory for an ACC network. Anyway, I'm hoping that the high number of SU games that used to be seen in the NYC market on SNY will now be split between YES /MSG and that we won't have fewer games shown...but we shall see.

Good point but the more Syracuse and the ACC appears in NYC the better. This gives both SU and the conference a head start on grabbing the market and puts the product on the 2 most important networks (MSG and YES) in the area.
Good point about exposure as the B1G stuff will all come from BTN and unless that is on the basic tier most NYC residents won't have access to that like they will YES and MSG. However, I think the ACC needs to find a way to purchase these rights back quickly or the ACC Network could be in some trouble. The YES ACC rights are coming from Raycom and the MSG ACC rights are coming from FOX. The ACC needs those rights from Raycom and FOX to launch its network.

an acc network isn't happening this year or next year as it takes time to set up see sec(been talked about for 3 yrs before launch) so it is good for exposure in general(for me id prefer yes and sny sharing as I don't get msg channels on my cable) . As for the having to buy back from fox probably but its not going to be that expensive I think sec played like 2mil per school. it looks like msg will carry the package when conflicts with Yankees and nets while yes carries the package whenever conflicts with the knicks ,rangers , devils, and islanders.