MSU taking Michigan to the Woodshed | Syracusefan.com

MSU taking Michigan to the Woodshed

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
how does a team with the talent Michigan has get run off the court? Looks like they have no energy tonight.

Beat down city. Michigan has looked very vulnerable the past few weeks.

Beat down city. Michigan has looked very vulnerable the past few weeks.

In fairness they have played a BRUTAL schedule. Looks like Sparty could make run this year, though. I think they were Elite 8 last year.

B10 on road is not easy. Quite a few loud environments.

Because Michigan is one dimensional. Take away the three point shot and they cant win. Its the recipe against ANY Beilein team. Teams are figuring it out.

Because Michigan is one dimensional. Take away the three point shot and they cant win. Its the recipe against ANY Beilein team. Teams are figuring it out.
Burke is a good player, but I think he's becoming wildly overrated.

Burke is a good player, but I think he's becoming wildly overrated.

Hardaway makes that team click. Tonight he was terrible and they got blown out. He needs to make shots for that team to be successful.

In fairness they have played a BRUTAL schedule. Looks like Sparty could make run this year, though. I think they were Elite 8 last year.
MSU has gotten a lot of love so far this year. If chalk runs true the rest of the week, it will be very interesting to see how much MSU moves up and how far UM drops. The pollsters have loved Michigan and this is not going to be considered a bad loss for them (see Duke and Miami).

walkons in

Michigan exposed...

Top 5 teams losing by 30 happened twice this year when it never happened before, right?

UNC lost by 33 at FSU last year.

Started season at #1, ended as a 1 seed, but possibly at time of te loss tey were ranked below #5.

Burke seemed to be favourite for NPOY.

Award is wide open.

MSU has gotten a lot of love so far this year. If chalk runs true the rest of the week, it will be very interesting to see how much MSU moves up and how far UM drops. The pollsters have loved Michigan and this is not going to be considered a bad loss for them (see Duke and Miami).

Here is Sparty's next 4 games

Feb 19
7:00 PM ET
Feb 24
TBD
Mar 2
5:15 PM ET
Mar 7
9:00 PM ET

this is the truth

Here is Sparty's next 4 games

Feb 19
7:00 PM ET

Feb 24
TBD

Mar 2
5:15 PM ET

Mar 7
9:00 PM ET

Well, actually they are playing at Nebraska this Saturday, but the four game stretch after that is brutal. I love Izzo but I'm not sure he can pull better than 2-2 with that schedule.

Well, actually they are playing at Nebraska this Saturday, but the four game stretch after that is brutal. I love Izzo but I'm not sure he can pull better than 2-2 with that schedule.

Things are all falling into place for us to grab that #1 seed if we keep winning. Take away Indiana and maybe Miami/Duke and this thing is wide open.

Things are all falling into place for us to grab that #1 seed if we keep winning. Take away Indiana and maybe Miami/Duke and this thing is wide open.
I prefer us to be a little under the radar. We were what, a #3 in 2003?

I prefer us to be a little under the radar. We were what, a #3 in 2003?

Yes but we are not going to be. Need to get on a run and keep this winning streak going.

Yes but we are not going to be. Need to get on a run and keep this winning streak going.
I agree wholeheartedly. Just don't think it's paramount we wind up a #1. All about matchups and playing well; preaching to the choir, I know.

It's just hard to imagine that we could get beat by 30. I just don't think our defense would allow it. JB said on the pregame ND radio show that we played as bad as we could offensively against Pitt and with a few minutes to go in the game we still had a chance to win. Because of our defense. He also commented to Brad Park that he thought this years team was thebest defensive unit he has had. Big statement.

I agree its hard to imagine us getting beaten that badley. Especially with James back who improves us both on offense and defense as well as in transition.

It's just hard to imagine that we could get beat by 30. I just don't think our defense would allow it. JB said on the pregame ND radio show that we played as bad as we could offensively against Pitt and with a few minutes to go in the game we still had a chance to win. Because of our defense. He also commented to Brad Park that he thought this years team was thebest defensive unit he has had. Big statement.

I tend to agree, but there was that Seton Hall game a couple years ago. With players as young as are on every roster nowadays, anything seems possible.

Surviving the first weekend may be the key to the whole thing this year. There appear to be no guarantees of that, even for the 1 seeds.

There's no excuse for that lopsided of a loss or Dukes loss at Miami. It's completely unacceptable. The last time one of Jimmy's teams did that they went on to win the BE title. Just shows how tough are fans are. It's tolerated for other teams just not here or shall I say wouldn't be tolerated around here?

I tend to agree, but there was that Seton Hall game a couple years ago. With players as young as are on every roster nowadays, anything seems possible.

Surviving the first weekend may be the key to the whole thing this year. There appear to be no guarantees of that, even for the 1 seeds.
Anyone remember DePaul, not that long ago?

I think they are very susceptible to physical teams. I bet the committee gives them Butler in the 2nd round somehow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom