Mudiay to SMU | Syracusefan.com

Mudiay to SMU

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
Announced at halftime of Elite 24. Shocker. Cal and WWW with all their $$$ strike out. They wanted him bad. If UK misses on Vaughn I wonder if they offer Whitehead now. Wouldn't be surprised to see IW put his decision off to spring.

SMU doesn't exactly have the best family name in the Navy, if you get my meaning. They probably just out bid BBN.

SMU doesn't exactly have the best family name in the Navy, if you get my meaning. They probably just out bid BBN.

? didn't think smu was like that, not since the old football days that is.

? didn't think smu was like that, not since the old football days that is.

That's what I mean. This is an athletic department with a spotty history.

That's what I mean. This is an athletic department with a spotty history.
Don't think there is a problem anymore. I don't see Larry Brown getting involved with anything shady. The kid may just like the idea of Larry as a coach.

Kid's from Arlington. Probably just wanted to stay home. I'm just glad that Kentucky's cash didn't entice another kid.

Kid will be the focal point during his year at SMU. No surprise that Cal's recent work of running off players, or not being able to get guys the stats to be lottery picks, will turn off some of the top 1 and done recruits.

I would also think that there is an appeal to living/playing in Dallas.

Larry Brown wasn't going to take the SMU job with a 55 million dollar arena renovation and not get his fair share of high quality players. Texas is loaded with plenty of talent and he has a good recruiting staff to help him land some of those players. It is surprising that they beat out UK though, but hey I'm the last person to feel sorry for Moneybags Cal.:)

Larry Brown is certainly a heavy hitter as a coach and it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that he is capable of landing big time talent. The balance of power shifts more rapidly now than it ever did before in college basketball especially in light of the fact that big time players are only on the college stage for a year or two at the most.

With the fluid composition of conferences and the rapid turnover of players within each program I'm sure we will see many programs that have been powerful fade into mediocrity while others will rise to prominence. SMU may very well be one which enjoys a renaissance.