Muhammad Ali once graced the village of Canastota with his presence | Syracusefan.com

Muhammad Ali once graced the village of Canastota with his presence

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
That weekend my softball team was in a tournament in Canastota. On Sunday morning the youngest player on my team needed a ride. As we were headed to the fields I spotted a person walking on the sidewalk who I thought was Mel Hall's brother Vernon who played in a lot of tournaments with a team from Auburn. As I was passing him I did a double take and to my surprise realized it was "The Greatest"
Muhammad Ali.

I pulled over a said, "Hey Champ how's it going?" Ali walked over to my car. As he was getting closer my young player was jumping out of his skin with excitement, he exclaimed, "Holy sheet, it's Muhammad Ali!" When Ali reached my car he reached out and we shook hands. We then asked him for an autograph. I gave him a pen and he pulled out a Muslim pamphlet, "Is Jesus really God?" He asked me my name and signed it, "To Dan from Muhammad Ali 6-10-90."

After he signed another pamphlet for my player I looked out and saw swarms of people gathering for his autograph. When he was done signing he came back to my car, handed me my pen saying, "Thank you Dan." I had forgotten that he still had my pen. That showed me that while he had the shaking and halted speech from Parkinson's there was nothing wrong with his brain.

http://www.syracuse.com/poliquin/index.ssf/2013/05/poliquin_muhammad_ali_once_gra.html#incart_river

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom