Murph Staying AT EMU. As You Were. | Syracusefan.com

Murph Staying AT EMU. As You Were.

Awkward.

So coach, um your staying cause you didn't want to pay the buyout?

Gee, thanks.

Well, there goes his recruiting at EMU. People know he will leave in a heartbeat, even on the verge of starting the season, if he gets a good offer.​

Well, there goes his recruiting at EMU. People know he will leave in a heartbeat, even on the verge of starting the season, if he gets a good offer.​
Unless there were some special circumstances, I suspect EMU will be starting a quiet coaching search to see if they can find a replacement by the end of the season. Their current coaching situation is less than stable.

Awkward.

So coach, um your staying cause you didn't want to pay the buyout?

Gee, thanks.

Exactly. Whatever reputation he had (not saying its negative/positive etc., just don't know) has been trashed. I truly don't see how he survives once this season is over. It's already nearly impossible to recruit to EMU, now how is he going to do it with the factual but damaging recruiting by other like-schools that Murphy will drop you in a heartbeat to go to "greener pastures." Don't know enough about the roster currently at EMU, but if they do not have some incredible leaders on the team, leaders that can rally the remaining players to play for a common goal beyond a coach that has shown no sense of loyalty, then they will struggle mightily.

Peace

Isn't the damage to Murphs reputation and chances at EMU a little overblown? I mean what mid-major or below mid-major coach other than Shaka Smart, hasn't shown a proclivity to leave on a moments notice to better his lot.

Exactly. Whatever reputation he had (not saying its negative/positive etc., just don't know) has been trashed. I truly don't see how he survives once this season is over. It's already nearly impossible to recruit to EMU, now how is he going to do it with the factual but damaging recruiting by other like-schools that Murphy will drop you in a heartbeat to go to "greener pastures." Don't know enough about the roster currently at EMU, but if they do not have some incredible leaders on the team, leaders that can rally the remaining players to play for a common goal beyond a coach that has shown no sense of loyalty, then they will struggle mightily.

Peace

I think he can easily spin it by telling recruits that his NBA connections can only help them whether he stays at EMU or not. I don't think EMU is anyone's dream job. It's a stepping stone to the next job that's the reason for the clause in the first place! Not every place isn't SU...thankfully!

Isn't the damage to Murphs reputation and chances at EMU a little overblown? I mean what mid-major or below mid-major coach other than Shaka Smart, hasn't shown a proclivity to leave on a moments notice to better his lot.

Although absolutely correct about EMU being a stepping stone position, leaving two weeks before school starts and unofficial fall practices start or two months before official practice begins is an action beyond even the pale of Larry Brown. This is very different than leaving for another job in March or April.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom