Mushnick of NY Post rips Boehiem | Syracusefan.com

Mushnick of NY Post rips Boehiem

Well we know Mushnick is clueless but when you are a Hall of Famer and one of the top coaches of all time, you have a tendency to be put under a microscope. I don't see the coaches of Rutgers or Seton Hall get mentioned in Mushnick's column. BTW, I wonder how many lockers that someone named Mushnick got thrown in while in school. The guy is a tool.

Of all the things you could write a column on knocking JB, he chooses not playing the walk-ons? Who put s*** in his pancakes?

I guess that the guy never heard JB say that he doesn't but his non-scholly kids in until the other coach does. Or did the guy know that one of his kids got what about 10 more minutes than he got in the previous 5 games?

haters-gonna-hate.gif

I can't believe that was a real article. I thought you were joking.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/parked_bench_myTcjVzmGM31Vm1ul51euJ/0

For not playing guys enough minutes! Seriously this guy is clueless!

I'm wondering what this guy's substitution suggestions would have been when we were up 45-29 on Louisville last weekend.

Where in this article does it talk about the relative youth of the subs, the recent slide at the end of the season and the basic team play Boehiem wants to see from his team. I wonder how many special situations this guy recognized old Jimmy was trying to work out in th e2nd half scrimmage? Thought so. Oh, never mind the fact that SU carry's a ton of walk-ons.

Say what you want when SU is blowing out an early season opponent in the dome, but when a Hall fo Fame coach is playing a post-season game against a team who, by virtue of playing in the tournament is a successful team. I guess that is why Mushnick isn't a coach.

I remember thinking at the time that the walk-ons should have gotten a little more PT. Not a huge deal though. They know the gig.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/parked_bench_myTcjVzmGM31Vm1ul51euJ/0

For not playing guys enough minutes! Seriously this guy is clueless!

The lowest position in tabloid journalism is sports TV critic. Mushnik fits the bill well.

Phil, FYI, the NCAA has rules that limit the number of players that can dress for tournament games. The 2 kids you ripped JB for not playing were not even in uniform for the game.

You really should get off your fat ass and do 1 minute of research sometime before once again confirming you remain the Village Idiot of the NY Post.

On the positive side, I congratulate you on your consistency.

It's great to get advice from complete novices who's paycheck comes only from complaining about successful people. I'm sure JB will give Mushnick and his advice the proper consideration they each deserve. Perhaps lining the bird cage...

A W is a W! Get over yourself, Mr. Mushnick.

Best part of article.

By comparison, on Thursday in VCU’s 88-42 win over Akron, VCU coach Shaka Smart played no starter more than 26 minutes, and six subs played 10 or more minutes

VCU plays 11 players 8 minutes a game or more for entire season. Smart plays a large rotation to support his pressing style.

Furthermore, Smart pressed entire game with players that are all part of rotation.

Who won their next game in the tournament? That's right JB not VCU, they went home.

Best part of article.

VCU plays 11 players 8 minutes a game or more for entire season. Smart plays a large rotation to support his pressing style.

Furthermore, Smart pressed entire game with players that are all part of rotation.

I didn't see the game, but I heard VCU was still pressing with a 40-point lead. Why didn't Mushnick get his Depends in a bunch over that?

well altho there is certainly an argument to be made about boeheim's short bench mushnick just happened to pick the worst possible game imaginable to try and make his point. he's obviously clueless.

The author must have only read the box scores and not watched the game; the players with only 2 minutes were the walk-ons. Montana also had 2 players with 2 minutes who I'm sure were happy to get their names in the record.
Why not write an article about how nice it was that non-scholarship players who work hard and practice every day got to play in the NCAAs and quit trashing JB.

Maybe he should have wrote about Geno Auriema instead...winning their game yesterday against a #16 seed 106-37. Hey, how about calling off the dogs and show some mercy.

Not surprised by Mushnick on this. As a frequent listener of Francesa's radio show, I get to hear about Mushnick's constant complaints against Mike. There is a lot you can complain about re Mike, but Mushnick usually gets the info wrong. It's like he has interns listen to the show and take snippets out of context. He obviously didn't watch the Cuse game and looked at the box score.
I remember years ago, when Mike had Vince McMahon on the program taking calls and Mushnick called in. His justification for hating McMahon was, "my daughter goes to school with boys who likes this stuff."
He immediately lost any shred of credibility.
I can't believe he still has a pen and column.

Is that guy for real? Matt Lyde Cajuste got in the game with 8 minutes to go. That may be the earliest JB has ever inserted a walkon in his 37 year coaching career, much less in an NCAA Tournament game. C'mon no wonder the Newspapers are dying a slow ugly death, nothing in them worth reading.

Was going to post rebuttal in his reader comments section but mysteriously, there is no reader comments section.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom