Must win two of last three of this season of promise is a failure | Syracusefan.com

Must win two of last three of this season of promise is a failure

CuyahogaCuse

2nd String
Starting this Friday night.

I am sick right now. I just can't believe we lost to that team.

I said this last week, if we only win 6 games and backdoor into a bowl this season is an utter failure.

Lots of people said I was wrong, glad to see people coming around to "reality" though

utter failure it isnt-
but it maybe showing us marrone cant win without a bye week

I'm not ready to throw in the towel on the coaching staff like certain posters elsewhere. But we were all thinking about being 7-2 and being ranked right now. Instead, coming off the best win in years, we come back with two straight stinkers. If that is followed up by a 1-2 or 0-3 finish, then I think you can call the collapse down the stretch and basement finish in the Big East an utter failure in Year 3. Just my opinion.

utter failure it isnt-
but it maybe showing us marrone cant win without a bye week

No its an utter failure. Coming off an 8 win season and a bowl victory (and the bowl win off a Top 10 team THIS year)...and you just make it to 6 wins and backdoor into a bowl or worse don't make a bowl, its an utter failure on every level. Returning an experienced QB as well who seems to be regressing in this offense and not progressing. No positive way to spin it.

If that is followed up by a 1-2 or 0-3 finish, then I think you can call the collapse down the stretch and basement finish in the Big East an utter failure in Year 3. Just my opinion.

Year 3. Yep, going backwards as a program as of now. We have been here before. If some want to put their head in the sand and block out reality, go for it. But the facts are what they are.

I'm sorry 6 wins and back-dooring into a crap bowl nobody will watch is an utter failure of a season

No its an utter failure. Coming off an 8 win season and a bowl victory (and the bowl win off a Top 10 team THIS year)...and you just make it to 6 wins and backdoor into a bowl or worse don't make a bowl, its an utter failure on every level. Returning an experienced QB as well who seems to be regressing in this offense and not progressing. No positive way to spin it.
It's a different team. We lost many good players from last years team. We lost our feature back, and had no one to replace him with. Bailey can't carry the entire load. There are many reasons why we should have expected this to be a 6 win season. I still expect a bowl though.

We don't lose that many key players next year. We have a feature back coming in. Hunt/Broyld should get some reps next year. If we have no improvement next year finishing with at least 8 wins in the regular season. It will be a failure. This season was expected though.

It's a different team. We lost many good players from last years team. We lost our feature back, and had no one to replace him with. Bailey can't carry the entire load. There are many reasons why we should have expected this to be a 6 win season. I still expect a bowl though.
wahhhh, wahhhh, wahhhh...excuses excuses excuses!

Now expectations was a 6 win season? You have to be kidding. Especially when we are sitting at 5-2 in mid October!

wahhhh, wahhhh, wahhhh...excuses excuses excuses!

Now expectations was a 6 win season? You have to be kidding. Especially when we are sitting at 5-2 in mid October!
I'm talking about before the season, everyone and their mom was saying 6 wins. We can still get 8 wins BTW.

I'm talking about before the season, everyone and their mom was saying 6 wins. We can still get 8 wins BTW.

And technically we could still go to a BCS bowl, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it

If we get 8 wins before the Bowl Game, I will retract my statement. As of now, I'll stick with the season is bordering on being an utter failure. I only hope I can eat my words. In the meantime, I'll spend the week dreaming of putting B.J. Daniels into the fetal position on Friday night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom