MVPs vs. Bucknell - Pick 3 | Syracusefan.com

MVPs vs. Bucknell - Pick 3

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
I’m starting a new Syracusefan tradition this season.

After each game, pick the three SU players that were MVPs of the game. List them in order of importance to the win, i.e. first, second, third.

For players, I’ll assign five points for each first place vote, three for each second place vote, and one point for each third place vote.

I’ll keep a running tally and at the end of the season we’ll see whose garnered the most MVP points. Points can be garnered for the previous game until tip-off of the next one.

Standings after Cornell through tonight’s tip off:

Hughes: 169 points
Girard: 145 points
Dolezaj: 114 points
Sidibe: 89 points
Buddy: 63 points
Guerrier: 54 points
Edwards: 3 points
Braswell: 3 points
Washington: 1 point

Last edited:
Hughes - tiebreaker over Buddy because he added the extra rebounds.
Buddy
Guerrier

Hughes
Buddy
Girard

Hughes
Buddy
Marek

With the Syracuse 2-3 zone it's a very unique way to play the game. Although I like the intentions of the thread I have an idea for similar thread that somehow takes account defense and just FG percentage by trip. For example, every time the defense gets a stop we count stops per game. And every time the offence makes FG at the other end after have defensive stop is the most interesting case to investigated My theory is games were we play great defense, get a stop, and then follow it up by a FG are sequences to count because this defensive stop, FG made on offense, forcing the other team to take the ball from out-of-bounds is our best sequence or swing in points during the game. My theory this sequence is what gives us high single digit or double digit runs on offense.

btw, I just have a total knee replacement. I'm on heavy duty codeine right now. I keep falling asleep at the end of each sentence I write unless I'm jolted into sitting straight because God just stuck another 2" pin into my knee to remind me to be penitent. Just ignore my ramblings today. If you have something better to say I surrender!

Talking about this team is just helping me survive my post-operation recovery efforts

With the Syracuse 2-3 zone it's a very unique way to play the game. Although I like the intentions of the thread I have an idea for similar thread that somehow takes account defense and just FG percentage by trip. For example, every time the defense gets a stop we count stops per game. And every time the offence makes FG at the other end after have defensive stop is the most interesting case to investigated My theory is games were we play great defense, get a stop, and then follow it up by a FG are sequences to count because this defensive stop, FG made on offense, forcing the other team to take the ball from out-of-bounds is our best sequence or swing in points during the game. My theory this sequence is what gives us high single digit or double digit runs on offense.

btw, I just have a total knee replacement. I'm on heavy duty codeine right now. I keep falling asleep at the end of each sentence I write unless I'm jolted into sitting straight because God just stuck another 2" pin into my knee to remind me to be penitent. Just ignore my ramblings today. If you have something better to say I surrender!

Talking about this team is just helping me survive my post-operation recovery efforts
When you wake up from your codeine high you’ll realize you posted this response in the wrong thread.

Still would love to hear your 3 MVPs!

I’m starting a new Syracusefan tradition this season.

After each game, pick the three SU players that were MVPs of the game. List them in order of importance to the win, i.e. first, second, third.

For players, I’ll assign five points for each first place vote, three for each second place vote, and one point for each third place vote.

I’ll keep a running tally and at the end of the season we’ll see whose garnered the most MVP points. Points can be garnered for the previous game until tip-off of the next one.

Standings after Cornell through tonight’s tip off:

Hughes: 169 points
Girard: 137 points
Sidibe: 89 points
Dolezaj: 73 points
Buddy: 63 points
Guerrier: 54 points
Dolezaj: 49 points
Edwards: 4 points
Braswell: 3 points

After every game, I notice that Dolezaj appears twice in your summaries ... suggesting the two numbers should be consolidated. Sorry for what might sound like a nitpick, but I am a natural born editor.

After every game, I notice that Dolezaj appears twice in your summaries ... suggesting the two numbers should be consolidated. Sorry for what might sound like a nitpick, but I am a natural born editor.

Thanks Joyce. It’s because I’m copying and pasting old posts into new ones to update the vote totals. For some reason it doesn’t delete the old post, even though I’ve erased it. Away from the computer tonight, I’ll go back tomorrow and verify the vote totals to ensure an accurate count moving forward.

(Hazards of doing this exercise on a smartphone - sometimes the board doesn’t play nice with mobile formatting.)

Last edited:
Reactions: cto
Love the thread man

Hughes
Marek
Buddy

Thanks, appreciate it. I hope the participation keeps up all year, even with the likelihood of some tough losses. My thought is that it’s an interesting exercise to see who specially the board feels contributes the most to the team’s success, in a way that’s quantifiable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom