My 2 cents!!!! | Syracusefan.com

My 2 cents!!!!

gilardino

Starter
1)Stop worrying about UCONN. Yes, their fan base is arrogant, they are full of themselves. I get it. The same people ripping UCONN, are the same ones who cheered for them in the title games, BECAUSE they were in the same conference as us.

2)Do not write a fake post to them dated April 8th, 2014 ripping them? Come one, we are better than that.

3)There is a high probability we could play them in the tourney. I do believe we are the better team, but understand they can shoot.

4)Enjoy this season. Yes we are good, and yes we can go far. 1 game at a time. Indiana was the best team last year and they lost in the sweet 16 to us. Anything can HAPPEN.

5)Just beware if we fall short of a final 4, fan bases will be ripping us.

ENJOY THE SEASON

I guess I will address this since I was specifically called out.

1)Stop worrying about UCONN. Yes, their fan base is arrogant, they are full of themselves. I get it. The same people ripping UCONN, are the same ones who cheered for them in the title games, BECAUSE they were in the same conference as us.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/not-much-love-for-ennis-on-uconn-board.68069/

2)Do not write a fake post to them dated April 8th, 2014 ripping them? Come one, we are better than that.

It was a parody of their delusion. I was not guaranteeing we win the title. I think I am more than reasonable here when it comes to respect for other teams - sometimes I may defend other teams too much!

While my parody entertained some, it seems to have upset more than a few individuals. So it was deleted out of respect for those. If people are still offended by it, and the posting of it was a major faux pas in your view, I am sorry.

And for those who are now even more upset because of any new "karmic" implications from deleting it, I feel sorry for you.

The Orange is a passion that captures a huge part of our life. But its still ultimately entertainment, as are message boards. Many like to talk trash with others -- its not really any different from a playing a game against a foe or even a friend. Another board coming after us based on our multiple comments about them is hardly something to lose sleep about, IMO.

But ultimately I agree the board talks about UConn a lot - and I am as guilty of it as anybody. The only reason we should all think about reducing the talk a bit, is it may sometimes take away from other really good discussions on this board by all the great posters here... not because of karma, not because we are afraid of the Boneyard retort.

Last edited:
1) not worried
2) ok
3) ok
4) ok
5) ok

3)There is a high probability we could play them in the tourney. I do believe we are the better team, but understand they can shoot.

4)Enjoy this season. Yes we are good, and yes we can go far. 1 game at a time. Indiana was the best team last year and they lost in the sweet 16 to us. Anything can HAPPEN.

ENJOY THE SEASON

WhoConn ?

It was a parody of their delusion. I was not guaranteeing we win the title. I think I am more than reasonable here when it comes to respect for other teams - sometimes I may defend other teams too much!

While my parody entertained some, it seems to have upset more than a few individuals. So it was deleted out of respect for those. If people are still offended by it, and the posting of it was a major faux pas in your view, I am sorry.

And for those who are now even more upset because of any new "karmic" implications from deleting it, I feel sorry for you.

The Orange is a passion that captures a huge part of our life. But its still ultimately entertainment, as are message boards. Many like to talk trash with others -- its not really any different from a playing a game against a foe or even a friend. Another board coming after us based on our multiple comments about them is hardly something to lose sleep about, IMO.

But ultimately I agree the board talks about UConn a lot - and I am as guilty of it as anybody. The only reason we should all think about reducing the talk a bit, is it may sometimes take away from other really good discussions on this board by all the great posters here... not because of karma, not because we are afraid of the Boneyard retort.

I loved your post, my fear is it comes back to bite us in the end. all is good my friend

Please worry not! It was funny you took the time to entertain us, thanks. Do not let the overly sensitive crowd push you off your game. The strength of this board is in its wide diversity of viewpoints of fans. Its sad that so many here in a great undefeated season have bunched up panties, are too scared to enjoy it properly and worst of all want to warn other people off of their enjoyment.

Last edited:

ENJOY THE SEASON

Meh. Indiana wasn't the best team last season. Louisville was. And they won a national title.

The original post was a good, light-hearted read. The humor was appreciated. The OP received the backlash of previous posts on the same opposing team. Our board has two camps: one that continues to "fuel the rivalry," for lack of a better, and a second camp that sees it as history with no present or future. A third camp I suppose, and probably the most populous, are posters that simply don't give a damn. Within this collective group are posts stating that some teams are now irrelevant, while other posts bring attention and focus to what is claimed to be "a nobody." We are collective, and therefore appear as hypocrites. Not that it should matter how it appears to anyone outside these imaginary, transparent walls. However, if we say someone or something doesn't matter, it shouldn't matter. Actions > Words.

I'm completely over my ex... Why? Did they ask about me?

Including our own, no doubt. ;)

This beware and be careful stuff cracks me up. I mean all but one season as an SU fan we have lost our last game and I've dealt with it. The most successful programs only win it all a small minority of the time. I mean if you cannot be optimistic, excited and enjoying the h*ll out of this season than when are you allowed to. Of course the odds are we won't win it all those are the odds for every team every year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom