My comment regarding Reddish | Syracusefan.com

My comment regarding Reddish

CaliCuse

All American
I have never liked position switching and this case is no different. Brandon had a reputation as a "play maker". We needed that and still do. His resume on defense was less outstanding. He MAY develop into an outstanding CB but not nearly as quickly that he might have been a big time YAC kid which we needed badly. We have had some great historic position switch players in the past Larry Czonka, Art MonkJohn Mackey and a couple others lost to trivia.we have also had more bad results than good ones IMO.Perhaps the all time worse would have been the coach who wanted Ben to put Jim BRown in at the line. Sure he probably would have been good but that was not his destiny now was,it!?:crazy:

I shouldn't even reply but i will. Cali what have you seen from Reddish that doesn't make him a CB? In all the action he saw as a freshmen what did he show you that doesn't make him any good at CB?

I shouldn't even reply but i will. Cali what have you seen from Reddish that doesn't make him a CB? In all the action he saw as a freshmen what did he show you that doesn't make him any good at CB?

He didn't say that. He said he may be an outstanding CB but he believes he would be an even better WR.

He didn't say that. He said he may be an outstanding CB but he believes he would be an even better WR.

He did say his resume on defense was less than outstanding.

As i recall he was beaten quite a bit by his man His reaction time didn't match his ability to stay with or on his responsibility.Can he improve? Of course I'm not saying he has failed completely. Only that he was wasted playing very well in his first year. He has three more to excel . Considering our depth at the corner he will get his opportunity. If not give him a shot in the slot. I know he has better speed than Antwon did. If he gets the ball on a slant route, he is the type of player to take it all the way with a quick cut and dash.

He did say his resume on defense was less than outstanding.

"less" outstanding (meaning not as good as WR). "less than" means something different.

Ok I'll continue pretending I didn't reply to a cali post...lol
Hey I can take a hit Just make it above the waist and not on my Jackie Gleason face I'd sat George Clooney but I save that for my wife. I finally have some Hollywood connections and can't do a damn thing. The best I got was an homage by my son in the second hour of the season ender in Terra Nova when he wrote in a guy in a wheelchair. Gee thanks kid!couchburn

Cali Im with you on this. I saw Reddish his juinor year at a 7 on 7 event. He was remarkable at WR. He was smooth out there. He made acrobatic catches when the ball was in the air. He made people miss after the catch too. One thing I noticed when I watched our games this year, during time outs, I would looked at the defensive huddle and compare it to the offensive huddle. Defense had longer, athletic, and more explosive players. All the athletes are on defense. Hope this year is a big recruiting year for offense.

We have had some great historic position switch players in the past Larry Czonka, Art MonkJohn Mackey and a couple others lost to trivia.we have also had more bad results than good ones IMO.

Kevin Johnson QB to WR worked out pretty well.
Tebuckey Jones RB to DB was a home run.
Doug Hogue RB to LB got a role player into the NFL.

And those are just 3 off the top of my head.

I don't get how you can't figure out that his skill set projects him as a better CB than a WR. He may have dominated the PSAL at WR (not impressive) but at CB he can be a great college player. Give it up, Cali.

Steve Gregory from WR to NFL CB.

I have never liked position switching and this case is no different. Brandon had a reputation as a "play maker". We needed that and still do. His resume on defense was less outstanding. He MAY develop into an outstanding CB but not nearly as quickly that he might have been a big time YAC kid which we needed badly. We have had some great historic position switch players in the past Larry Czonka, Art MonkJohn Mackey and a couple others lost to trivia.we have also had more bad results than good ones IMO.Perhaps the all time worse would have been the coach who wanted Ben to put Jim BRown in at the line. Sure he probably would have been good but that was not his destiny now was,it!?:crazy:

I think I'll go with the coaches on this one. I'm pretty sure they could judge his performance better than we could.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom