My concern regarding Trill | Syracusefan.com

My concern regarding Trill

Pearl309

Hall of Fame
is that he is so good at multiple positions he never settles in at one.
We’ve seen so many tweeners on the hill over the years who never get a chance to develop at one position.
I’d love for him to play at safety from day one and return punts.
I guess we’ll see what Dino does

The thing is though, Trill's not a tweeter bouncing around because of size. He was brought here to play DB, he'll play at the corner position and could see time returning as well.

The thing is though, Trill's not a tweeter bouncing around because of size. He was brought here to play DB, he'll play at the corner position and could see time returning as well.
He’s just a playmaker, which is why I can see the coaches wanting him on the field all the time

Ashton Broyld had QB size without a QB arm and not much speed. Most recent tweener I can think of.

Trill just has something that seems special.

is that he is so good at multiple positions he never settles in at one.
We’ve seen so many tweeners on the hill over the years who never get a chance to develop at one position.
I’d love for him to play at safety from day one and return punts.
I guess we’ll see what Dino does

I have zero concerns over that. He is an elite player who can play all over the field. He’ll be corner and maybe a PR.

My bigger concern revolves around future threads wondering if he should have a nickname.

The kid is going to bring swagger in a big way.

yYTE1QBGsgzWE.gif

Trill is a good athlete and a playmaker but I dont think he's a pure WR. His skill set gives him a higher upside at CB/S along with being a return guy.

Would love to see him become a long, fast Safety.

I have no concerns weather he succeeds or not. I think he will do great things at Syracuse. I do wonder what is going to happen with him this year though. He seems to physically be ready and too good go have to redshirt. I don't see any way he beats out Chris Fredrick this year however. I wouldn't think he beats out Scoop this year either as he was pretty good and has a significant experience advantage on him but maybe that is what happens. If he doesn't beat Scoop out what happens? I know we recruited him as a corner but playing 3rd CB seems like a bit of a waste. I could see him starting at safety over Foster even though Foster is pretty good. Fredrick and Scoop have two more years and we also have freshman Melifonwu and Coley coming off a redshirt. But both of those guys have size and maybe the decision on where Trill plays just comes down to where Melifonwu and Coley fit best as either corners or safeties longterm. I think Trill will be great at either. I love that we have these young big DB's as we should have great positional versatility. Future looks much brighter as far as our DB's go. Really like what Cameron Jonas brings as well. Hopefully we get a healthy 2018 out of Cordy.

I think Trill will be successful anywhere but our main weakness is Foster in the back. Makes bad choices in coverage and takes horrible angles to ballcarrier. If Trill starts as a freshman it would be there.

I'd guess it will work out like this; I'm guess Trill starts out rotating in as 3rd corner mainly rotating with Scoop. Scoop as a Soph was decent last year. I know he was not 100% at the end of the year but he gives too much cushion and does not have a great upside in my opinion. I think Trill will be the starter by mid season with Scoop and either Melifonwu or Coley as back-ups. Then either Coley or probably Melifonwu ends up playing safety along with Cordy. Foster probably plays more at the beginning of the year and then we see Melifonwu take over similar to the CB situation. The we have Jonas who probably plays if there are any injuries which is a strong possibility as we know Cordy has trouble holding up at his size. Cisco probably redshirts and adds depth for future years. I really like our young group of DB's. The talent seems much improved to what we have had over the last 10 years.

I want the redshirt, for almost every recruit, if possible. I believe the new redshirt rule, may be voted on, next week. Allows a redshirt to play 4 games. I think this would be perfect for guys like Trill, who are almost ready. Would have been perfect for Devito, as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom