My day after thoughts | Syracusefan.com

My day after thoughts

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
I didnt log into the board last night. Mainly because I was feeling under the weather yesterday and went straight to bed. I conveniently scheduled a "business" meeting at my favorite bar to watch a cuse game, Siracusas just outside of Atl.

• During the the game I thought the effort was awesome. But after sleeping it off - I realized it was just a different and more fun kind of effort. The D still gave up 58 points in the 2nd half and tons of offensive rebounds. So while the game was much more fun to watch because our offense was putting the ball in the hoop, it really wasn't that much of a better effort than that against Ga Tech. Just different. Paige and Britt had at least 5 wide open 3's.
  • UNC was the better team, especially with homecourt advantage and I do think they deserved to get the W - but the refs absolutely ended any drama. The over the back on Roberson and then the foul on BJ (game was prob over at this point, but still) were 2 of the worst calls I have ever seen. I dont think that is a hyperbolic statement either. The BJ call was total anticipation and it never materialized. The refs also allowed UNC to drop their shoulders at will to create space down low. I was in a group text with 2 UNC fans and even they were amazed at that.
  • For a game that wasn't in a big city, there was quite a bit of orange last night scattered throughout the arena. It probably helped that the orange and tar heel blue contrasted so much. Also the alumni president is very pretty. She should be showcased more. I hope that isn't too chauvinistic.
  • Rakeem and Trevor give everything they have every night. I wish Rakeem was 2 inches taller for the next level - but its going to be hard to not give him a good long hard look. This was 1 of the few games that UNC looked to take him out of the game more so than shade on Trevor (mainly because Paige is a good perimeter defender and didnt need any help) but Rak took on the big bodies and double teams like a monster. Those same UNC fans in the group text were astonished at his game now vs last year. Also to note, Trevor made some unbelievable shots against really good defense. I think he only had 1 or 2 open looks all game and scored 28.
  • FT's were better from our usual good FT shooters - but G and Roberson are completely lost at the line
  • JB pulled Kaleb after he bobbled the fast break and BJ after he bobbled a rebound. I can totally understand getting mad at them for missing a rotation or taking a stupid shot or passing up an open look. But to get that mad at them for bobbling a ball in that environment. Let them play through those mistakes. Look no further than Roberson. He is becoming a man before our eyes - but probably only because he has to play through his mistakes. JB hasnt taken out G for missing FT after FT and that is just as on him as a bobble is on a fast break or rebound.
  • the steal and pass to Kaleb who didnt panic and hit the layup at the end of the half was beautiful.

I didnt log into the board last night. Mainly because I was feeling under the weather yesterday and went straight to bed. I conveniently scheduled a "business" meeting at my favorite bar to watch a cuse game, Siracusas just outside of Atl.

• During the the game I thought the effort was awesome. But after sleeping it off - I realized it was just a different and more fun kind of effort. The D still gave up 58 points in the 2nd half and tons of offensive rebounds. So while the game was much more fun to watch because our offense was putting the ball in the hoop, it really wasn't that much of a better effort than that against Ga Tech. Just different. Paige and Britt had at least 5 wide open 3's.
  • UNC was the better team, especially with homecourt advantage and I do think they deserved to get the W - but the refs absolutely ended any drama. The over the back on Roberson and then the foul on BJ (game was prob over at this point, but still) were 2 of the worst calls I have ever seen. I dont think that is a hyperbolic statement either. The BJ call was total anticipation and it never materialized. The refs also allowed UNC to drop their shoulders at will to create space down low. I was in a group text with 2 UNC fans and even they were amazed at that.
  • For a game that wasn't in a big city, there was quite a bit of orange last night scattered throughout the arena. It probably helped that the orange and tar heel blue contrasted so much. Also the alumni president is very pretty. She should be showcased more. I hope that isn't too chauvinistic.
  • Rakeem and Trevor give everything they have every night. I wish Rakeem was 2 inches taller for the next level - but its going to be hard to not give him a good long hard look. This was 1 of the few games that UNC looked to take him out of the game more so than shade on Trevor (mainly because Paige is a good perimeter defender and didnt need any help) but Rak took on the big bodies and double teams like a monster. Those same UNC fans in the group text were astonished at his game now vs last year. Also to note, Trevor made some unbelievable shots against really good defense. I think he only had 1 or 2 open looks all game and scored 28.
  • FT's were better from our usual good FT shooters - but G and Roberson are completely lost at the line
  • JB pulled Kaleb after he bobbled the fast break and BJ after he bobbled a rebound. I can totally understand getting mad at them for missing a rotation or taking a stupid shot or passing up an open look. But to get that mad at them for bobbling a ball in that environment. Let them play through those mistakes. Look no further than Roberson. He is becoming a man before our eyes - but probably only because he has to play through his mistakes. JB hasnt taken out G for missing FT after FT and that is just as on him as a bobble is on a fast break or rebound.
  • the steal and pass to Kaleb who didnt panic and hit the layup at the end of the half was beautiful.

You get a like from me for the second last bullet alone. The rest was good, but JB needs to lay off the quick hook this year. It's so tiring. And it really kills confidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom