My dream post | Syracusefan.com

My dream post

swish7

All Conference
I Skimmed through the board, and know I am days late, and have reached what the chest thumpers seem to be claiming is the wrong conclusion.

If he wants to go to the pros, then 'coaching football at his alma mater' was never his 'dream job'. You don't leave your dream job. If he leaves, he would join the ranks of all the other BS artists out there.

He is no JB.

IMO, if he leaves now, we will end up back in another major rebuild mode. And if so, Marrone would be remembered for leaving us in a lurch, more so than being better than Gump.

The speculation that he is doing all of this for the greater good of SU, for better support/money, or whatever, is fanciful. More BS IMO.

He has proved to be a promising HC. It would be a shame to throw all that credibility away, just for money.

I hope this gets settled quickly.

I Skimmed through the board, and know I am days late, and have reached what the chest thumpers seem to be claiming is the wrong conclusion.

If he wants to go to the pros, then 'coaching football at his alma mater' was never his 'dream job'. You don't leave your dream job. If he leaves, he would join the ranks of all the other BS artists out there.

He is no JB.

IMO, if he leaves now, we will end up back in another major rebuild mode. And if so, Marrone would be remembered for leaving us in a lurch, more so than being better than Gump.

The speculation that he is doing all of this for the greater good of SU, for better support/money, or whatever, is fanciful. More BS IMO.

He has proved to be a promising HC. It would be a shame to throw all that credibility away, just for money.

Of course it is fanciful.

Just right now as a fan, I find much more comfort in that then in the reality that we have likely lost one of the best possible coaches for SU.

I'll deal with reality when I have no other choice.

He is no JB.

I agree.

I would be very disappointed in Marrone if he were to leave.

Frankly, I'm already disappointed.

You convince kids to come to SU while urging them to ignore the infrastructure shortcomings and while stressing what a fine institution Syracuse University is and then you consider leaving because of those shortcomings?

I hope none of this is true.

Hit the nail on the head OPA.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

He is no JB.

Nonsense.

Get this through your head, he never had to set foot on this campus if getting to the NFL was his ultimate goal. Again this job was a huge risk and could have killed any chance that he would ever get a chance at an NFL head coaching job if that is what he really was building towards. He was already on that track, why take the risk?

That being the case, why would he be a BS artist, on what basis was he being untruthful at the time he was hired?

Instead of calling the guy a BS artist, why not ask, what has happened, what are the circumstances, that would cause a guy to leave what he considered his dream job?

I wanted to be second baseman for the red sox when I was little...dreams change. Obviously that's an extreme example, but same idea. When he said it was his dream job to come back and coach at Syracuse, he may very well have meant it in that moment...he was getting few nods elsewhere so who's to say he wasn't absolutely ecstatic, or that it was "like a dream" to be able to be given a chance at SU and help Syracuse football in his process of trying to prove himself as a coach. And again, he wasn't highly touted...SU fans weren't all that impressed with the hire if I recall correctly...in fact they weren't all that impressed until about a month or two ago...so how does a new coach endear himself to a fanbase that doesn't want him? He tells them that what they have lines up with exactly what he's looking for, that he came from this fine institution, and it's his DREAM to rebuild it to its glory days...then AND ONLY THEN, does he have any bit of sentiment from the fans with which to run with. So when you say you're "disappointed" in a grown man for having higher aspirations (whether driven by goals, or money, or location, or whatever) I'm pretty sure he would turn around and say "What were you saying when I was hired? Were you criticizing my coaching history as an offensive coordinator for a QB who could pretty much run his own offense? Were you citing my middling times as coordinators with other programs? Okay sure you have the right to be 'disappointed' in me then...I couldn't care less what you think". The fact is, the guy is always a step behind in terms of perception...even now most don't think he's going to get hired or ready for the nfl, or any teams 1-5 pick as next coach...So I don't blame him for taking interviews when they're there and keeping phone lines to bigger coaching jobs open(considering the hot seat talk earlier this season), and I certainly am not going to be "disappointed" in someone who did a solid coaching job to make Syracuse respectable again...and quite frankly I don't think Doug Marrone cares what I think either way...and he shouldn't, he's a grown man.

He is no JB.

Perhaps SU turned out to be like that girl in high school. You know, the hot one that didn't glance your way. For years out of high school, you pined for her, imagining what it would be like if only...! Then, years later you meet her. You date for a good long while. Despite her promises, you realize she is not what you thought, was never what you thought, and is never going to be what you imagined her to be. Can you not move on, or at least think of doing so?

My dream post involves Jennifer Love-Hewitt, some pudding and whipped cream, a large paddle, and a diaper.

If Marrone wants to make an appearance, I'll make room for him, too.

Sigh. He is BS artist? That's one possibility - but based on near everything he has done here ever - highly unlikely.

It's going to be one of these 3 or a combo of them:

1. Leverage. (Fanciful or what most coaches do when they are trying to build a program and/or get a fair wage?)

2. He really just wants to coach in the NFL again.

3. There are some changes coming or he has seen behind the curtain and is discouraged.

I'm going with number one because its consistent with his character and near all of his actions.

Sigh. He is BS artist? That's one possibility - but based on near everything he has done here ever - highly unlikely.

It's going to be one of these 3 or a combo of them:

1. Leverage. (Fanciful or what most coaches do when they are trying to build a program and/or get a fair wage?)

2. He really just wants to coach in the NFL again.

3. There are some changes coming or he has seen behind the curtain and is discouraged.

I'm going with number one because its consistent with his character and near all of his actions.

Having thought about this some more, I am going with a combo of #1 and #3. I think he knows he's losing his two biggest supporters and may have an inkling as to their replacements.

Having thought about this some more, I am going with a combo of #1 and #3. I think he knows he's losing his two biggest supporters and may have an inkling as to their replacements.

But he still has one that carries a lot of weight--JB. Can't discount that.

Instead of calling the guy a BS artist, why not ask, what has happened, what are the circumstances, that would cause a guy to leave what he considered his dream job?

Are we ever going to find this out, or will it just be a complicated list of issues that only pertain to those who dare to dream of a football head coaching position at Syracuse University?

I wanted to be second baseman for the red sox when I was little...dreams change. Obviously that's an extreme example, but same idea. When he said it was his dream job to come back and coach at Syracuse, he may very well have meant it in that moment...he was getting few nods elsewhere so who's to say he wasn't absolutely ecstatic, or that it was "like a dream" to be able to be given a chance at SU and help Syracuse football in his process of trying to prove himself as a coach. And again, he wasn't highly touted...SU fans weren't all that impressed with the hire if I recall correctly...in fact they weren't all that impressed until about a month or two ago...so how does a new coach endear himself to a fanbase that doesn't want him? He tells them that what they have lines up with exactly what he's looking for, that he came from this fine institution, and it's his DREAM to rebuild it to its glory days...then AND ONLY THEN, does he have any bit of sentiment from the fans with which to run with. So when you say you're "disappointed" in a grown man for having higher aspirations (whether driven by goals, or money, or location, or whatever) I'm pretty sure he would turn around and say "What were you saying when I was hired? Were you criticizing my coaching history as an offensive coordinator for a QB who could pretty much run his own offense? Were you citing my middling times as coordinators with other programs? Okay sure you have the right to be 'disappointed' in me then...I couldn't care less what you think". The fact is, the guy is always a step behind in terms of perception...even now most don't think he's going to get hired or ready for the nfl, or any teams 1-5 pick as next coach...So I don't blame him for taking interviews when they're there and keeping phone lines to bigger coaching jobs open(considering the hot seat talk earlier this season), and I certainly am not going to be "disappointed" in someone who did a solid coaching job to make Syracuse respectable again...and quite frankly I don't think Doug Marrone cares what I think either way...and he shouldn't, he's a grown man.

He has always purported to care about how you and I and the rest of us feel about what he does.

Perhaps SU turned out to be like that girl in high school. You know, the hot one that didn't glance your way. For years out of high school, you pined for her, imagining what it would be like if only...! Then, years later you meet her. You date for a good long while. Despite her promises, you realize she is not what you thought, was never what you thought, and is never going to be what you imagined her to be. Can you not move on, or at least think of doing so?

What the heck, I almost wrote the same exact thing. People change their priorities or the things they thought we perfect in fact turn out to be not as we hoped or thought they would be. I hope Doug and his family plus staff love it here and they make SU into the school a lot of good football student athletes want to go to for their whole education... life, school and of course football.

Nonsense.

Get this through your head, he never had to set foot on this campus if getting to the NFL was his ultimate goal. Again this job was a huge risk and could have killed any chance that he would ever get a chance at an NFL head coaching job if that is what he really was building towards. He was already on that track, why take the risk?

That being the case, why would he be a BS artist, on what basis was he being untruthful at the time he was hired?

You, sir, are a "Chest Thumper".

Unless you are a paramedic, I suspect it is not good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom