My favorite play | Syracusefan.com

My favorite play

W'boro'Cuse315

All American
Taylor catches off the curl & pulls up from 3 only to pass to his childhood buddy Maliq in stride for the and-1. That’s pure chemistry developed during endless AAU games together. Everyone thought he was shooting, but Maliq knew. Then Taylor hits a big 3 a few possessions later. Love watching these young men grow up & gain confidence with each game.

Taylor catches off the curl & pulls up from 3 only to pass to his childhood buddy Maliq in stride for the and-1. That’s pure chemistry developed during endless AAU games together. Everyone thought he was shooting, but Maliq knew. Then Taylor hits a big 3 a few possessions later. Love watching these young men grow up & gain confidence with each game.
I have a different nominee. About 5:15 to go, Mintz rifled a pass from the top of the key to the baseline. Brown somehow snagged it with his left hand and didn't miss a beat as he went up for a flush.

I have a different nominee. About 5:15 to go, Mintz rifled a pass from the top of the key to the baseline. Brown somehow snagged it with his left hand and didn't miss a beat as he went up for a flush.
The difference in the “hands” between Brown and Benny is light years. That fraction of a second you lose by not catching passes cleanly costs you.

Those 2 can be the backbone of a team that wins a lot of games when they’re upperclassmen, if we….get some good recruits the next few years and have something to go with them.
Agreed. Been telling a buddy of mine that this is the type of base class that we need and then sprinkle in talent. Impressive to see the growth in conference play with such sporadic minutes early in the year.

The present has been rocky but it looks like there are some real signs to be positive for the future with these freshman. JB has been raving about Chris Bell’s shooting in practice, what a quick release - we’re now seeing what he’s seen in him too.

Maybe the recruiting isn't as hopeless as a lot of us have been saying.

At least this freshmen class is showing signs that they're progressing nicely. There's potential there.

Last edited:

He hasn't shown it much yet, but Taylor is a really great passer. It will become a big part of his game once he is fully adjusted to college ball.

Lol.. I referenced this exact play in another thread. The catch was underrated. But the way he just disposed of the ND defender like he was air…

Likewise.
Maliq's "hands" are like vacuum cleaners. The best I've ever seen was Chris Webber- that man sucked up every pass thrown to him, & the contrast w/ Benny is glaring.
And not for nothing, but praise for Maliq does not equate to bashing Benny. We're all seeing what's taking place here. Whether it's the system or whatever, the kid is rightfully earning more PT than the 5-star. That's just facts.

I think we can all agree that we will heartily cheer a much improved Benny … he can do it. Maybe the time off the court will help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom