My final thoughts, final farewell | Syracusefan.com

My final thoughts, final farewell

gilardino

Starter
The 2013-14 season started on April 24, 2013 when CJ said he would be back!!! We were coming off a final 4, and there was reason to be excited. The trip to Canada gave the orange faithful an early glimpse, and man what a trip it was!!!! Highlight was beating Carlton without CJ late in the game! We also knew we had something special with Tyler.

Cooney lit up Cornell on Nov 8th, we struggled with St. Francis, we rolled through Maui. Had some gutsy wins, home vs. Pitt, at Miami the epic home game with Duke.

On Feb. 12th, my oldest sons birthday we played Pitt.(oldest son a crazy fan) The shot, Tyler Ennis. That game hooked my 2 youngest sons on cuse.(8 and 5) They all went nuts. They would go on and practice the shot in the basement. They would use their I pads and film the shot and re watch it. At that moment, I thought, wow, this is going to be special. Unfortunately that was our last high of the season :((

We finished the season 3-6. Lost out on NYC. (UCONN now enjoys that slot) Had some awful losses. Still though we had Buffalo. What a time it was. For both games I sat 1 row behind CTO, (thanks to my cousin). I had a lot of friends/family at pre game. Met Louie, Bouie, Jason Poles, Matt Gorman, Damone Brown, Malik Campbell, Gene Waldron, John Wallace, Pearl, you name it. With a shot at the sweet 16, we fell short.

To sum it up, I am not mad we lost, I am sad it's over.

Syracuse hoops gives us something in the winter. It brings a community close together, friends/family gather to watch games call and text each other. Gives you a reason to get together. Just like that is gone.

I will always bleed orange, win or lose.

I was a heck of a ride. WE now look forward to the future, and wait the announcements of Ennis and Grant. My gut says they both leave. It will be a stressful off season, the Orange will prevail, and we will be back for another exciting season.

Thanks for the memories to the 13-14 season, and CJ and Baye, you will always be remembered,
GO ORANGE!!

That my friend is a really great post. You hit on some key points and you wisely sift through the season and pluck out the valuable nuggets which enrich our life experience both with friends and family. The choice is ours as to how we filter the experience of Syracuse Basketball. All too often there is negativity, conflict and an inability to realize that the highs and lows of each season and era of the program are all part of the natural progression of sport which in turn mirrors our life experiences.

Indeed there were some special moments this season and for a brief snapshot in time it seemed like we were the team that just wouldn't lose. All in all it was a very exciting and captivating season. And I'll be there to board the train again at the start of next season.

Syracuse basketball is not life or death. The day of the NC State game, I went to the calling hours of a friend, his dad of 90 years old passed away. As I went to pay my respects, I noticed in the coffin, a team picture of the 2003 champs team and a Syracuse hat. A life long season ticket holder. Sports can be stressful, but it brings people together. We should all be thankful for Syracuse basketball. We are very fortunate. IT PROVIDES A BOND!

Loved seeing you and spending time with you in Buffalo. Too bad we could not continue the party in NYC. I love your enthusiasm and optimism!

Syracuse basketball is not life or death. The day of the NC State game, I went to the calling hours of a friend, his dad of 90 years old passed away. As I went to pay my respects, I noticed in the coffin, a team picture of the 2003 champs team and a Syracuse hat. A life long season ticket holder. Sports can be stressful, but it brings people together. We should all be thankful for Syracuse basketball. We are very fortunate. IT PROVIDES A BOND!

Yes, it does. And when I'm gone I hope there's a little orange in the ashes. :) Thanks to you and Flacusian for sharing.

Loved seeing you and spending time with you in Buffalo. Too bad we could not continue the party in NYC. I love your enthusiasm and optimism!
CTO, when I see you I am star struck, lol!! nothing like going to NCAA games, and this is why I go every year. I will always bleed orange!!!!

This is what I have been waiting to hear more people say. The complaining and whining is getting old we love this team and it sucks this year is over but the great thing about college hoops is there is always next year!

Okay, I am going to get metaphysical here. When we are in physical bodies, the illusion is that we are separate and we are not safe. Being a fan of a team unites complete strangers and helps us all see that we are all souls traveling together on the same boat. Being able to unite with diverse people who are so "different" from us is a very fun thing to do! It is also reassuring. This is why so many of us regard this fan board as "family." In truth, all of us human beings are family!

This season was certainly a strange one. Every game seemed like we were being purified through fire, we were good but didn't want to do anything the easy way.

In the end that did us in. We played our worst game of the year and still had 2 chances to win it. It just wasn't meant to be. We can analyze the season all we want but in the end, especially for us out of towners, this board is an amazing place to enjoy an awesome, ok maybe we had a little turbulence, but still an awesome ride. Both Syracuse football and basketball unite me with you awesome people and a community I dont have being in Atlanta. I can't go to a co-worker and start talking about our recruiting class (unless I want to hear about SEC football recruiting for the next 8 hours).

I may have been harsh on CJ and Baye for their play this year but in the end, thats a very small part of what they mean to Syracuse. 4 year players who are role model citizens are extremely rare this day in age and those 2 should be commended and will always be remembered in a positive light by everyone here.

Moving forward, we'll see what Ennis and Grant decide but either way, we will reload. I think the staff has seen over the course of these past two years that while our trademark is to have one of the most athletic, big and talented teams in the country year in/year out, that doesnt mean too much when you dont have shooters. The 2015 class is a signal to me that they get it. I'm excited for the future of this program.

gilardino said:
CTO, when I see you I am star struck, lol!! nothing like going to NCAA games, and this is why I go every year. I will always bleed orange!!!!

You're not star struck when you see me at the soccer center every week? :(

From the title, I thought you were about to slit your wrists.

You're not star struck when you see me at the soccer center every week? :(
yes i am bees, I go nuts when I see you, you always her me yell your name out!! your brother gets the same treatment!!!

bballbeadle said:
Okay, I am going to get metaphysical here. When we are in physical bodies, the illusion is that we are separate and we are not safe. Being a fan of a team unites complete strangers and helps us all see that we are all souls traveling together on the same boat. Being able to unite with diverse people who are so "different" from us is a very fun thing to do! It is also reassuring. This is why so many of us regard this fan board as "family." In truth, all of us human beings are family!

Cool, but can we have 2 boats? Because there are a lot of people on here that I don't want to be too close to. You know, maybe keep the boats close enough to wave to but too far to speak with.

yes i am bees, I go nuts when I see you, you always her me yell your name out!! your brother gets the same treatment!!!

not that there is anything wrong with it, i just kinda hope you meant at the "soceer center" when you do the above to bees and his brother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom