My five when we need offense | Syracusefan.com

My five when we need offense

20Plus

Washington/ Frank/Tyus/Oshae/Marek at the five.
I think the front line could hold there own Ok on the boards.

OK.

PC and MM get in the way of our offense and our flow!
It's like having two Roberson's out there.

Washington/ Frank/Tyus/Oshae/Marek at the five.
I think the front line could hold there own Ok on the boards.

OK.

PC and MM get in the way of our offense and our flow!
It's like having two Roberson's out there.
No thanks. Two guys playing out of position. That group would get abused on the glass and would be a sieve down low defensively. And it still has two guys who are not much of a threat to score.

I watched a bunch of high quality basketball on Saturday afternoon. What stood out are the number of layups made on fast breaks (or just in general for that matter). I maintain we struggle mightily in this area where fast break and point blank shots end up being nail biters for us. Can't have that if we want to be successful, I don't care how good our defense is. Those types of misses wear us down in the second half.

I watched a bunch of high quality basketball on Saturday afternoon. What stood out are the number of layups made on fast breaks (or just in general for that matter). I maintain we struggle mightily in this area where fast break and point blank shots end up being nail biters for us. Can't have that if we want to be successful, I don't care how good our defense is. Those types of misses wear us down in the second half.
Agree Tyler Enis pace is to slow

No thanks. Two guys playing out of position. That group would get abused on the glass and would be a sieve down low defensively. And it still has two guys who are not much of a threat to score.
Just for a burst of offense rhythm and flow not for a long standing lineup

Um no, no offense to Washington, he might be a really good player down the road, he isn't ready to be one of our best offensive players yet.

Moyer has been improving his offensive game lately, outside of the 3 ball at least. He made some great cuts along the baseline yesterday for easy dunks from Battle dump offs. That play should always be there with the way Battle, Brissett and Howard drive the lane and draw coverage.

I also really liked it early in the game when Matty drove to the hoop off the weave. Would love to see more of that from him. He has to make the other team guard him or make them pay if they don't.

Moyer is our most physical player. We are going to need him in the ACC. He mixed it up a lot under the boards yesterday. He presents himself very well on the baseline. This is a pretty good skill that all bigs dont’ know how to do. His heart and toughness, along with Marek might be the heart and sole of this team. They set the tone for us when we are in a tight battle. They were both all over the place last night.

I
Um no, no offense to Washington, he might be a really good player down the road, he isn't ready to be one of our best offensive players yet.
I know what I see with Howard W and he would make Frank a better player and I think people are underestimated him. He's not an athlete or explosive what he makes the perfect passes and Great timing with things that we need.

I had the same disclaimer about Mike G when everybody thought he was a role player. You somebody who can benefit from additional strength but he knows the game very well and what we're seeing is not his true potential even at this moment because he's not in the flow of the of the game. If he was on a team like Pittsburgh he would be scoring and assisting at a fairly good level right now this year

Moyer has been improving his offensive game lately, outside of the 3 ball at least. He made some great cuts along the baseline yesterday for easy dunks from Battle dump offs. That play should always be there with the way Battle, Brissett and Howard drive the lane and draw coverage.

I also really liked it early in the game when Matty drove to the hoop off the weave. Would love to see more of that from him. He has to make the other team guard him or make them pay if they don't.
Agree with this

Moyer is our most physical player. We are going to need him in the ACC. He mixed it up a lot under the boards yesterday.

He is definitely our most physical player. He’s also got the best hands and never fumbles a pass. And he attacks the basket ferociously. Everything is a nasty 2 handed dunk.

I’m glad to see him having success. He’s orange through and through.

He is definitely our most physical player. He’s also got the best hands and never fumbles a pass. And he attacks the basket ferociously. Everything is a nasty 2 handed dunk.

Do you think Moyer has the best hands on the team ???

Do you think Moyer has the best hands on the team ???

Meant of our bigs catching passes.

Meant of our bigs catching passes.
I think Oshae probably has the best hands of anyone given how he snares rebounds and never seems to fumble a pass. But Matt has pretty good hands too. He certainly can catch the ball and go up all in one motion--something we haven't had in a forward in a while it seems.

It's been a while since we had someone who did this regularly! It is such a jolt to the team!

This isn't that hard when 3 of those guys play 40 minutes and you have a max of 7 touching the court right now.

Best offensive lineup is those three, moyer, and marek.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom