My God CJ was scary yesterday | Syracusefan.com

My God CJ was scary yesterday

Cuse4

Scout Team
Guys great, great win... But what in the world was up with CJ? I really felt as if every time he touched the ball he would turn it over or get his shot blocked. He couldn't even inbound the ball. Looked to be playing scared. Even at the end of the game he couldn't control the leak out from MCW. Curious as to why ROC didn't get more of his minutes. ROC was boarding like a man and CJ clearly in a funk.

First, he was sick with The Cold. Second, did you see how his head hit the court early in the game? I am surprised there hasn't been some follow up information about that. It was nasty. Nevertheless, he played all 40 minutes.

I thought Louisville did a pretty good job of denying him the ball at the foul line, where he does most of his damage. I still think he had like 8 boards though..

Guys great, great win... But what in the world was up with CJ? I really felt as if every time he touched the ball he would turn it over or get his shot blocked. He couldn't even inbound the ball. Looked to be playing scared. Even at the end of the game he couldn't control the leak out from MCW. Curious as to why ROC didn't get more of his minutes. ROC was boarding like a man and CJ clearly in a funk.

If you re-watch the game,he had some of the toughest rebounds of the game where both teams were contesting. I thought he was a bear on the boards and think he ended up with 8. Not sure I agree with your post

If anything I felt like Fair was kinda invisible, but he didn't play a terrible game. Let it come to him offensively instead of forcing it, knocked down his free throws (4-4), led the team in boards. He coulda done a lot worse.

I'm sorry but like Dcuse I can't agree with you either. Far from a stellar game to be sure but 10 pts and 8 rebs is a solid contribution. Fair was put in some uncomfortable situations and gave the ball back a few times but Christmas looked completly lost at times, was way out of possition on multiple occasions and was a complete sucker for ball fakes. If Southy had been eligible, I'm sure Fair would have spent a little time on the pine but as it was, I feel JB had our best 5 on the floor during crunch time.

Man, 40 minutes of hoops at that pace. It's a wonder he could move at all by the end. He can thanks James for that punishing duty.

I thought he played pretty well on defense and he had atleast 6 boards in heavy traffic. Cant overlook his rebounding...

Whew. Thank God you were able to find something negative in the best college game of the year. Fair played a good game. And that was after taking a blow to the head.

Whew. Thank God you were able to find something negative in the best college game of the year. Fair played a good game. And that was after taking a blow to the head.
I don't think you can accurately call that the best college game this year. Definitely #2 or 3, but that Butler Gonzaga game from last night was insane.

He had several BIG rebounds inside 7 minutes yesterday.

I didn't realize he was sick.. But he looked at least a step slow... Couple ok rebounds and made those ft... But didn't look like CJ

Steady Eddie...10 and 8 If I am correct. Played 40 minutes. Proud of his play.

I'm sorry but like Dcuse I can't agree with you either. Far from a stellar game to be sure but 10 pts and 8 rebs is a solid contribution. Fair was put in some uncomfortable situations and gave the ball back a few times but Christmas looked completly lost at times, was way out of possition on multiple occasions and was a complete sucker for ball fakes. If Southy had been eligible, I'm sure Fair would have spent a little time on the pine but as it was, I feel JB had our best 5 on the floor during crunch time.
I honestly thought Xmas looked like a man on the boards

I don't think you can accurately call that the best college game this year. Definitely #2 or 3, but that Butler Gonzaga game from last night was insane.
Yeah, as good as I was feeling about our game, the Butler Gonzaga was the best game of the year and it wasn't close. If anyone missed it, whew. They had a Disney ending, with a guy on Butler that appeared to suffer a major injury and the camera kept showing him getting worked on by the team trainer down the stretch. He got off the bench stole the inbounds pass from Gonzaga, and drove the lane for a wild shot with 0 left on the clock for the win.

I thought CJ was great on the boards yesterday. Got several contested rebs in traffic away from the UL big men. He is by far our best rebounder. I expected his scoring to be down due to Dieng. That guy is an eraser who blocks shots in the paint...and without fouling. CJ played all 40 minutes after smacking his head hard on the court.

Yeah, as good as I was feeling about our game, the Butler Gonzaga was the best game of the year and it wasn't close. If anyone missed it, whew. They had a Disney ending, with a guy on Butler that appeared to suffer a major injury and the camera kept showing him getting worked on by the team trainer down the stretch. He got off the bench stole the inbounds pass from Gonzaga, and drove the lane for a wild shot with 0 left on the clock for the win.

The guy that got away with the shove to the gonzaga player before he stole the ball?

Typical Butler getting away with no one else does.

respectfully disagree. SU / Louisville was: Heat vs. Thunder and Butler / Gonzaga was, well, Butler vs. Gonzaga.
Great game, nice story in that historic fieldhouse, but SU / Louisville was played on a completely different level.

The ending, while great, was preceded by 2 terribly played mishaps.

And Butler's clutch and grab defense on every possession, isn't truly basketball, imho.

So no, the Bulldogs showdown wasn't close to being the best game of the year.

Cheers,
Neil

Well I felt that the story unfolding at the end of the game (injured player comes back and saves the day) and the steal and finish with 0 on the clock was huge. Didn't notice the shove if that's indeed what happened. Obviously we played on a higher level game. But that wasn't better imo. We can all agree to disagree.

CJ had THE huge block with under 40 sec and without we either give up bucket foul or rebound!

It's incredible to me that people talk about CJ having a bad game. He has very good games and average games, but he has rarely, if ever, had a bad game.
Too many posters think the only criteria for any player being good or bad is how many points you score. Real critical say scoring was might be OK but rebs, assists, defense or the way someone walked back to the bench was bad.
CJ has been our most consistent player all year. Yesterdays game was a good example of him able to get 10 and 8 under very difficult conditions. And he still gets taken to task for it. :crazy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom