My guess is McQuery can't be fired... | Syracusefan.com

My guess is McQuery can't be fired...

Jake

Mod
As he's likely protected under federal whistleblower regulations.

how do you think he feels this week?

I wonder if they put his family under protective services?

I'm thinking he may have been abused by Sandusky. McQuery and Sandusky's son were good friends growing up, playing on the same little league teams etc.

I'm thinking he may have been abused by Sandusky. McQuery and Sandusky's son were good friends growing up, playing on the same little league teams etc.
that's an interesting and terrible thought. good chance that's exactly right

Dude, thats a serious assumption you are making.

it's the only explanation for how a grown man who could kill the guy with his bare hands ends up running away distraught like a little kid.

Or maybe he got a sweet deal to not take this to the cops back in the day and is holding that over PSU's head.

From twitter- I'm guessing Rovell asked someone familiar with PA law.

@darrenrovelldarren rovell

Mike McQueary is NOT protected by whistleblower law. Only applies if he got fired for talking. Would have had to happen in '02.

He feels like: Hey, I have a job and I allowed Paterno to keep his job for 9 years by keeping quiet. I kept up my end of the deal.

It's a leap but considering all the crazy things that have come out the past week, it's not beyond the realm of possibility. He did grow up with Sandusky's kid(s).

Or maybe he got a sweet deal to not take this to the cops back in the day and is holding that over PSU's head.

That could be true too.

How so? He wouldn't be fired for whistle blowing. He would be fired for not going to the police and aiding in covering this up. Actually it looks like he took the info to blackmail his way into a job.

This thing is so up that anything is possible.

The other thing is this guy stepped down at 55, and no one hired him, made him an offer, etc...dude was a DC, that isn't fat living money. So who else knew???

This thing is so ****** up that anything is possible.

The other thing is this guy stepped down at 55, and no one hired him, made him an offer, etc...dude was a DC, that isn't fat living money. So who else knew???
everyone. the entire stupid coaching fraternity is going to look really really bad

From twitter- I'm guessing Rovell asked someone familiar with PA law.

Screen_shot_2011-10-16_at_7.30.19_PM_normal.png
@darrenrovelldarren rovell

Mike McQueary is NOT protected by whistleblower law. Only applies if he got fired for talking. Would have had to happen in '02.

That's what I was thinking. The timing alone would make the situation moot. You don't cover it up for a decade and then get a "get out of whistleblower jail free" card. Besides, he technically never blew it anyway.

Even if he is not it's pretty tough to fire someone for seeing something inappropriate and then reporting it to his boss.

With that said they will pay him to go away i would assume...

Then how did Joe Pa get fired? He reported up the chain of command as well.

Except McQuery wasn't a whistle-blower. He told no one but his boss.

And if he was abused by Sandusky I would think McQuery would be MORE inclined to throttle Sandusky if he witnessed him abusing another kid.

Interesting comment on ESPN by an attorney attempting to explain the actions of the board. Because PSU is a public institution the board has to set an agenda and can only discus those things/ people on the agenda. Last evening it included the President and Joe Pa. In the future it could include others but they could only make those decisions when they have been placed on the agenda. Now what happens behind closed doors is anybody's guess but decisions about employees must be on the agenda.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom