My idea to raise money for the football program as proposed to the athletic dept.!!!!! | Syracusefan.com

My idea to raise money for the football program as proposed to the athletic dept.!!!!!

llandz

Living Legend
About a year and a half ago, I emailed Dr. Gross, and one other member of the athletic staff who I remotely know. I proposed a campaign idea to raise money specifically for the football program. Much to my surprise, I recieved a phone call from the other member of the athletic staff that I emailed. He and Dr. Gross had read my email, and like my idea. The jist was that while they liked my idea, it costs money to run such campaigns, and additional staff for it, and they were hoping to have both in place later that year, and that my idea was one of the contenders. My idea specifically covered small donations, so that everyone could feel a part of rebuilding the program. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ASKED FOR $$$ FOR THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM, would not be able to be a large doner, but would gladly give small amounts from time to time. Small amounts add up fast. My campaign used a heart string approach for football. It also had a component built in for medium and large donors. It had a catchy slogan.
I would love to have this program implemented.
I guess I will give it up... it was called "44FOR FOOTBALL"
It involved donations with the number "44" in it. So on a small scale you could donate $44. Medium $440, $4,400 etc. Even $144, as long as 44 was in the amount.
If you had a major football donor, they could donate $44,000 or $440,000 and a really big donor like Melo? 4.4 mil.
For each level you got somethiing showing you donated to "44 for football" Obviously the larger levels would have a room or something named after them.
There could be a #44 plaque in the new practice facility with all of the donors on it.
The biggest idea of this camapign was to bring in the smaller donors, and have them feel involved. Small donors sometimes became big donors.
I started a facebook page this year called "44 for football" to try a grass roots effort. I personally have sent in several donations of $44 this year.
I am going to cut and past this and make it it's own thread. I really think we need something like this. Maybe the members of this forum can help drive this idea.
I would hate to lose DM when we can do something like this.

I think that's a great idea. I know the school has it's own programs to raise funds for the athletic department, but I always thought that Clemson's IPTAY program was a great business model. Here is a link to it. http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205437273

I think 44FOR FOOTBALL is perfect. I want to know how many 44's it would take to put your name on a pee trough at the new training facility.

Ironically I just sent TGD an email stating that the athletic department needs to do a better job articulating its message to fans and alumni. Essentially what you outline below is how you'd actually implement said messging. We do need a campaign specific to the football department. Just seems like common sense if you need to raise money for football facilities you'd put on a specific campaign to accomplish. As to staffing up to do it, it takes money to make money. And... They can leverage the Internet. I'd much rather respond to a personal email request for help than have someone calling me every night hoping I'll pick up the phone.

About a year and a half ago, I emailed Dr. Gross, and one other member of the athletic staff who I remotely know. I proposed a campaign idea to raise money specifically for the football program. Much to my surprise, I recieved a phone call from the other member of the athletic staff that I emailed. He and Dr. Gross had read my email, and like my idea. The jist was that while they liked my idea, it costs money to run such campaigns, and additional staff for it, and they were hoping to have both in place later that year, and that my idea was one of the contenders. My idea specifically covered small donations, so that everyone could feel a part of rebuilding the program. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ASKED FOR $$$ FOR THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM, would not be able to be a large doner, but would gladly give small amounts from time to time. Small amounts add up fast. My campaign used a heart string approach for football. It also had a component built in for medium and large donors. It had a catchy slogan.
I would love to have this program implemented.
I guess I will give it up... it was called "44FOR FOOTBALL"
It involved donations with the number "44" in it. So on a small scale you could donate $44. Medium $440, $4,400 etc. Even $144, as long as 44 was in the amount.
If you had a major football donor, they could donate $44,000 or $440,000 and a really big donor like Melo? 4.4 mil.
For each level you got somethiing showing you donated to "44 for football" Obviously the larger levels would have a room or something named after them.
There could be a #44 plaque in the new practice facility with all of the donors on it.
The biggest idea of this camapign was to bring in the smaller donors, and have them feel involved. Small donors sometimes became big donors.
I started a facebook page this year called "44 for football" to try a grass roots effort. I personally have sent in several donations of $44 this year.
I am going to cut and past this and make it it's own thread. I really think we need something like this. Maybe the members of this forum can help drive this idea.
I would hate to lose DM when we can do something like this.

Clifton, if I ever am involved in such a fundraising program I will make sure you know how much you need to doante to have your name on a pee trough. Maybe we can work out a special deal for you.

Actually to correct myself it was only about 10 months ago that I sent the email. Time is not as fast as I thought it was!!!

FANTASTIC IDEA this is a winner. resend it to dg