My only concern today | Syracusefan.com

My only concern today

TheOkieOrangeman

2nd String
is the extra 6th man they may get to play-the refs.
I usually don't complain about the refs, but the last few games the reffing has been ridiculous.

The only reason is because the old ACC does NOT want an old BE team to win the regular season title.

I never understand the conspiracy theories about which team the league prefers to win.

Is it your belief that the kingmakers of the ACC hold weekly meetings where they decide on preferred winners, before getting in touch with the relevant officials and telling them to fix the outcome? Is that accurate?

I never understand the conspiracy theories about which team the league prefers to win.

Is it your belief that the kingmakers of the ACC hold weekly meetings where they decide on preferred winners, before getting in touch with the relevant officials and telling them to fix the outcome? Is that accurate?
No. But I do think it's an unspoken thing.
Fouls can be called closer for one team than another. It can be done easily. 1- if X-mas gets early fouls. 2-fouls can be called evenly in numbers, but one team can get favored in shooting fouls.

No. But I do think it's an unspoken thing.
Fouls can be called closer for one team than another. It can be done easily. 1- if X-mas gets early fouls. 2-fouls can be called evenly in numbers, but one team can get favored in shooting fouls.
Okay, and why would fouls be called closer for Syracuse? Why would the officials give a flying poop? Are you alleging some conspiracy from the high-ups in the ACC to make Syracuse lose? Do you realize how crazy that is?

Okay, and why would fouls be called closer for Syracuse? Why would the officials give a flying poop? Are you alleging some conspiracy from the high-ups in the ACC to make Syracuse lose? Do you realize how crazy that is?
No-I don't thinks it's crazy. Why have ACC fans complained for years that the official favor Duke?
PS-I didn't say it would happen, I said it "may" happen, and if it does you will know early in the game.
And I guess you think the officials have been correct in the past few game.

No-I don't thinks it's crazy. Why have ACC fans complained for years that the official favor Duke?
PS-I didn't say it would happen, I said it "may" happen, and if it does you will know early in the game.
And I guess you think the officials have been correct in the past few game.
Uh, no. It is possible for officials to make poor calls without being involved in a league-wide conspiracy.

I said it was MY concern and that hasn't changed. You don't have to believe it.
So you agree at least that there were bad calls. Maybe all officials are poor? No.
Guess we will have to agree to disagree and as I said it could be an unspoken thing. I never said my concern was a conspiracy.
That's all.

I said it was MY concern and that hasn't changed. You don't have to believe it.
So you agree at least that there were bad calls. Maybe all officials are poor? No.
Guess we will have to agree to disagree and as I said it could be an unspoken thing. I never said my concern was a conspiracy.
That's all.
I'm not gonna let this go because it's so incredibly idiotic. And it's fun.

If it's an "unspoken thing," then you must answer why the officials would decide to take such action? Why do they care who the hell wins the ACC?

maybe it's a subconscious thing with the refs - why do certain players and schools get more calls than others, and why do certain coaches get more leeway than others?

If it's an "unspoken thing," then you must answer why the officials would decide to take such action? Why do they care who the hell wins the ACC?
Because the Civil War hasn't ended in their minds. If you don't believe this you haven't or don't live in the south. There are even regional officiating favoritism within upstate NY. Seen it form both sides. So why wouldn't there eve a North-South favoritism?

The most obvious reason for Duke's favoritism is the cowardice of the refs in their playpen. If not cowardice then getting caught up in the frenzy. Either way is is weak minded officiating.

Idiotic it is not. Burying one's head in the sand is however.

Don't let it go. I don't care. We'll see. You must think the 6 to27 free throw disparity again Md. was normal.
"Incredibly idiotic"-No, just my concern.

Because the Civil War hasn't ended in their minds. If you don't believe this you haven't or don't live in the south. There are even regional officiating favoritism within upstate NY. Seen it form both sides. So why wouldn't there eve a North-South favoritism?

The most obvious reason for Duke's favoritism is the cowardice of the refs in their playpen. If not cowardice then getting caught up in the frenzy. Either way is is weak minded officiating.

Idiotic it is not. Burying one's head in the sand is however.
So the ACC refs are all from the South, and all of them still hold resentment over the Civil War?

Got it.

So the ACC refs are all from the South, and all of them still hold resentment over the Civil War?

Got it.

It doesn't have to be "all". It only takes one, even a little bit, even one "bull####" call. These guys have friends, and family, their own biases, and there are pressures.

My only concern today is whether CJ decides to laugh after his 6th bucket or just smile.

The only reason is because the old ACC does NOT want an old BE team to win the regular season title.

Just wondering how you know this with certainty? Or, are you stringing this together through anecdotal evidence and personal opinion and coming to the conclusion that the "old ACC" is paying off the ref's to SU?

Just my belief from talking to old ACC fans.
007 I would appreciate it you didn't put words in my mouth. Tell me where I said "the old acc in paying off ref's to SU". That's foolish-show me where or go read your tea leaves.

I don't know. It can happen. I mean, not long ago it was known that the PAC 12 officiating was corrupt. That's a legit league. Not sure anyone can claim immunity from corruption.

What about Donagy from the nba. If you dont think it happens your crazy.

Yeah with different officials Cuse would have only lost by 12 :rolleyes:

The inconsistency is just terrrrrrrrible. You can't give the same team all the blocking fouls AND all the charge fouls like tonight, when they are nearly identical, and obvious the other way. Ennis had more offensive fouls tonight than Virginia as a team. I'm pretty sure Rak had more blocking fouls than Virginia as a team as well. And his feet were set on all of them.

Not to mention our players being railed for loose balls. I thought that was only gonna happen against Pitt. It hasn't stopped happening since Pitt!!

is the extra 6th man they may get to play-the refs.
I usually don't complain about the refs, but the last few games the reffing has been ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but the real reason is we're just not playing very well. Tyler, Trevor and CJ were a combined 12-36 today. That's got nothing to do with the refs.

The real reason we lost is were outrebounded, outhustled, and outplayed. However, it would be nice to have one 50-50 block-charge call go our way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom