My Plead to cuse nation, thank you MakersMuppet from bone yard | Syracusefan.com

My Plead to cuse nation, thank you MakersMuppet from bone yard

ARe you happy to be playing SHU?

• yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gilardino

Starter
One of the best posts of all time was before start of the BET in 2011, when MakersMuppet from the bone yard gave the all time call out to his fan base. He writes this post and Uconn goes on to win their next 11 games, unreal,. I have changed some of the wording below, however this idea and sentences in quotes are from MakersMuppet. I saved this post put it in my back pocket, in the event I could use it one day. Cowboy up cuse nation!

"Time to put on your big-boy pants and" support the cuse.

"The constant crying stops now. " MCW turns over the ball, "waaah!" Triche can't shoot, "waaah!" "Let me get your pacifier, you big crybaby." "You're so sad because" Christmas "isn't tough enough for you and" Cooney "isn't good enough for you." "Next you'll
be telling me that" CJ is not assertive

"You think you're so, so special and you deserve only Cuban cigars, 24 year old scotch and the finest corinthian leather, well you're going to have to prove it" this post season. "The question you should be asking is "Am I good enough for this team," and the answer is actually "No." "Life isn't some candy mountain with forests full of steaks prepared just the way you like them and meadows full of models who think your story about the time you ran a car over your own foot makes you the most interesting man they ever desperately wanted to sleep with. Life is a struggle. You get out there and fight for what you get. No one is going to give it to you. "

"I don't want to hear any of your excuses."

"I just cannot" watch this team play so poorly. "Hate to be the one to break it to you," but your not the one playing. Remember that time at modified were your team scored 11 points? We are fans, we watch and support this team. You want a happy ending? Do what the beat writer of the Dallas Cowboys suggested, go watch a disney movie!!!

"But Gilardino" we are not playing good, how could they do this to us? In 92, did we have a bad slide? In 95, did we have a bad slide? Yes and yes!!!! Guess what, we turned out ok!!!!

True fans stick with their team through good and bad, PERIOD!!!! "Unless, of course, you're admitting that you're not a real fan. And that's OK, there are other things you can be involved in other than rooting for the" the cuse. "Like knitting, or Worlds of Warcraft or having pretend light saber battles with your imaginary friends. If that's the way you want to go out, be my guest." I will be sticking by the cuse!!!!

Great reference.

Remember that post well; a lot of us thought it was laughable - UConn's fans were disgusted and the team seemed dead in the water. Was great to see them down. Didn't last long.

erection.jpg

It seems to be a little long-winded way of saying, "It's not over until we say it's over."
But it seems to me that I've heard that somewhere before.

GO ORANGE!

Sorrry, but its like your asking for it......
Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Germans?
Forget it, he's rolling.
And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
What the f**k happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...
Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic... but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
We're just the guys to do it.

WAR
DAMN
OTTO
!!!!!!

Exactly. Us as fans, and that's all we are despite what some may think, should support our team just as long as they are giving 100% effort. The gtown game was the only game that could be questioned , but it's 1 game who cares. All this negativity is annoying. You know it's bad when incoming recruits and current players complain about the community . It just makes the fan base look like whiney and petty .

There are no Kemba Walker type players on this team.

Way to interject some negativity in a thread about not being negative.

There was no Kemba Walker on that team either. Until there was. Nobody, at the time, thought that guy was going turn into a machine suddenly like he did.

There was no Kemba Walker on that team either. Until there was. Nobody, at the time, thought that guy was going turn into a machine suddenly like he did.

How quickly people forget.

For his first two years, Kemba was the fast kid who couldn't shoot. No more, no less.

Kemba led that team and was unstoppable, we need 1 player to step up and be a leader with action and voice. If that happens, anything is possible, if not, I'm hoping we can make the sweet 16

How quickly people forget.

For his first two years, Kemba was the fast kid who couldn't shoot. No more, no less.

I mean that even in 2011, remember he started out on fire but all evidence was that towards the end of the season, he was running out of gas. Carrying that team the whole year had worn him down and they would quietly fade out. It is still a miracle that he found the energy to play the way he did for 11 games in row like that.

Eh, he averaged 24/5/4 for the regular season, he should have won the POY over Hansborough. I get your point that he really stepped up starting in NYC, but he didnt' exactly come out of nowhere. The only game that he scored less than 14 points all year was when we beat them in Hartford (he had 8).

I mean that even in 2011, remember he started out on fire but all evidence was that towards the end of the season, he was running out of gas. Carrying that team the whole year had worn him down and they would quietly fade out. It is still a miracle that he found the energy to play the way he did for 11 games in row like that.

No, I agree.

He was great in Maui, but Calhoun ran him into the ground. Before New York, that team had nothing going for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom