My prediction: The Return of Cj Fair | Syracusefan.com

My prediction: The Return of Cj Fair

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
I have faith, and feel confident in predicting, that Roberson will step up in a MAJOR way. He's shown flashes of looking like one of our recently departed favorites CJ Fair.

• Roberson will see more minutes undoubtedly, I have faith he will tear up the boards, be a force from 15 ft and in and will continue to play solid defense.

I think we've only heard whispers from this gentle beast thus far.

Roberson, your turn my man.

Trueblue25 said:
I have faith, and feel confident in predicting, that Roberson will step up in a MAJOR way. He's shown flashes of looking like one of our recently departed favorites CJ Fair. Roberson will see more minutes undoubtedly, I have faith he will tear up the boards, be a force from 15 ft and in and will continue to play study defense. I think we've only heard whispers from this gentle beast thus far. Roberson, your turn my man.

Roberson isn't even close to freshman CJ on offense.

I have faith, and feel confident in predicting, that Roberson will step up in a MAJOR way. He's shown flashes of looking like one of our recently departed favorites CJ Fair.

• Roberson will see more minutes undoubtedly, I have faith he will tear up the boards, be a force from 15 ft and in and will continue to play solid defense.

I think we've only heard whispers from this gentle beast thus far.

Roberson, your turn my man.
CJ was light years ahead of Roberson as a player, and a more consistent rebounder at this stage. I think that Roberson can be a 15 rebound a game guy, with some more strength, playing time and consistency of effort. Kid has the knack. And the arm length.

Reactions: cto
Roberson isn't even close to freshman CJ on offense.
Obviously, he's a sophomore.

Edit: Freshman CJ? I don't know. Both were/are competent. Roberson shouldn't take jumpers bast 15 ft yet though in my opinion.

However, he's already arguably a stronger rebounder than CJ was. If he can continue to keep opponents honest fromout to 15 feet , he will open up opportunities for Rak to get open download and for Gbinije or Cooney to cut to the hoop. His ability to rebound the ball, and be a scoring threat could prove to be exactly what this team needs to keep the offense flowing without Rak/Gbinije/Cooney

a
CJ was light years ahead of Roberson as a player, and a more consistent rebounder at this stage. I think that Roberson can be a 15 rebound a game guy, with some more strength, playing time and consistency of effort. Kid has the knack. And the arm length.
Don't need Roberson to be a 15 ppg game player. Need him to give us second chance opportunities, and draw defenders from the post with his mid range game like CJ did for Rak/and Grant.

We're focusing much more this year on getting the ball download and open in the key. A player like Roberson who can stretch post defender out along the baseline and out to the ft line is invaluable.

I think he's a better natural rebounder than CJ. How many has he tipped back already aside from the ones he's snatched? Uncanny instinct for missed shots. He's nowhere near CJ's offense yet, but let me suggest something different Trueblue: he should look into the paint more, spread the offense outwards from there. He needs to get easier looks. I think his selection is suspect at times, has to feel for the defender before he shoots or spins.

Right now, it seems that he's committed in his mind a little too early. Take what the defense gives you. But please look for the easy shot first.

I think he's a better natural rebounder than CJ. How many has he tipped back already aside from the ones he's snatched? Uncanny instinct for missed shots. He's nowhere near CJ's offense yet, but let me suggest something different Trueblue: he should look into the paint more, spread the offense outwards from there. He needs to get easier looks. I think his selection is suspect at times, has to feel for the defender before he shoots or spins.

Right now, it seems that he's committed in his mind a little too early. Take what the defense gives you. But please look for the easy shot first.

Completely agree. He doesn't have quite the same IQ/confidence that CJ had from day 1. I think it's pretty obvious Roberson throws up bad shots sometimes simply because he doesn't know what else to do. I think that once he begins calming down and looking for better shots or open teammates as you said, he'll be an incredibly effective piece in our offense. I really believe that Roberson is the player whose going to step up, I hope he's ready to, he just has numerous small adjustments to make in his game. The fire and effort are all there, just needs to make some better decisions.

Completely agree. He doesn't have quite the same IQ/confidence that CJ had from day 1. I think it's pretty obvious Roberson throws up bad shots sometimes simply because he doesn't know what else to do. I think that once he begins calming down and looking for better shots or open teammates as you said, he'll be an incredibly effective piece in our offense. I really believe that Roberson is the player whose going to step up, I hope he's ready to, he just has numerous small adjustments to make in his game. The fire and effort are all there, just needs to make some better decisions.
Nice and agree. All the tools. Works really hard in the gym. Just has to chill with the decisions. Once he starts to read the defense, calm down a bit, and not overthink and anticipate what he's going to do, offense will come. And we need another guy to step up, now more than ever.

He needs balance. Half the time he catches the ball he is off balance. If he could just catch it with his feet alittl farther apart he would be able catch and shoot without leaning. When he drives he seems to lose his balance rather quickly as well. I think it's bad footwork mixed with him doing everything too fast. He does rebound like a force, definitely his best strength.

Roberson is talented. I think he can flourish. We won't be weak on the boards with him, that's for sure.

Totally different players, but yeah Roberson now has a chance to make his mark with the extra PT he'll get. And he could prove to be a force, though he's more likely to do so as a rebounder and less as a scorer. I could see (and would be thrilled with) like 8-9 PPG/7-8 RPG.

a

Don't need Roberson to be a 15 ppg game player. Need him to give us second chance opportunities, and draw defenders from the post with his mid range game like CJ did for Rak/and Grant.

We're focusing much more this year on getting the ball download and open in the key. A player like Roberson who can stretch post defender out along the baseline and out to the ft line is invaluable.
I didn't say 15 ppg.

CJ Fair and Tyler Roberson aren't even close to being similar players.