blust2i3d4

Starter
UNC- Final four or better
Louisville- Final four
Virginia- Elite eight
Florida State-Elite eight or sweet sixteen
Syracuse- Sweet sixteen
Notre Dame- Sweet sixteen or second round
Duke- Second round (once again, Duke will miss sweet sixteen)
Miami- First round or second round
Virginia Tech- First round
Wake Forest- First round
Pittsburgh- First round (if get in, should win first four)
Clemson- First four (if get in, should lose first four)

Death, taxes, Pitt flaming out in March.

Well, unless...
05-09-08_gibbs_original.jpg

Certainly optimistic about us. I would be thrilled if we get there

UNC- Final four or better
Louisville- Final four
Virginia- Elite eight
Florida State-Elite eight or sweet sixteen
Syracuse- Sweet sixteen
Notre Dame- Sweet sixteen or second round
Duke- Second round (once again, Duke will miss sweet sixteen)
Miami- First round or second round
Virginia Tech- First round
Wake Forest- First round
Pittsburgh- First round (if get in, should win first four)
Clemson- First four (if get in, should lose first four)
LOL "if get in". Clemson isn't getting in the tournament unless the committee expands it to include every team in the country.

The only way Pitt could win a play in game is if it had to play against Georgetown. Somebody would have to win.

Not that either is that close to a play in game without a very serious run.

The only way Pitt could win a play in game is if it had to play against Georgetown. Somebody would have to win.

Nah. Pitt could easily win games against Virginia or the like. If Pitt plays Virginia 100 times, Pitt will win 75 times.

Nah. Pitt could easily win games against Virginia or the like. If Pitt plays Virginia 100 times, Pitt will win 75 times.
IDK. We're 4-1 vs. Pitt since they've joined the ACC, and that one loss was courtesy of a heavily guarded 3-pointer up against the sideline at the buzzer in the Pete (1-1 there, 2-0 at home, and 1-0 ACCT).

Or if they played SU. (ouch)

Clemson and Pitt have no chance of getting in, I don't think Wake is getting in either, their next two games are Lville and at Vpi, see ya, and as for the rest, its so hard to predict until you see the matchups.

Clemson and Pitt have no chance of getting in, I don't think Wake is getting in either, their next two games are Lville and at Vpi, see ya, and as for the rest, its so hard to predict until you see the matchups.

If Clemson and Pitt aren't getting then Wake DEFINITELY shouldn't be in.

If Clemson and Pitt aren't getting then Wake DEFINITELY shouldn't be in.
Pitt only needs to win the next regular game (Virginia and Georgia Tech) and one more in ACC tournament. Then their RPI will be in 40's and has 18 wins and many quality wins. Good enough to be in First Four this year.

Pitt only needs to win the next regular game (Virginia and Georgia Tech) and one more in ACC tournament. Then their RPI will be in 40's and has 18 wins and many quality wins. Good enough to be in First Four this year.

They are 4-12 in the Acc, they would need to win both games this week, and two acct games to have a shot.

This year? How do you figure that?

I'd give Pitt closer to 25 wins out of 100, not 75.

We are getting close to the end of the road here so I think we should define "lock" and "No Chance" at an at large bid.

A "Lock" is a team that can lose every game for the rest of the season including the conference tourney and get in.

For a team to have "no Chance" that means it would not get an at large even if it won ir's last 2 (or 1) games and lost in the ACC Final. If Clemson or Pitt made the ACC final and still had no chance at an at-large if they lost that game, then they have no chance. I don't think that is the case. Longshot to actually pull it off... indeed. But that is why these teams as "Secondary" bubble teams. Quite a bit of work is needed to get an at-large but it is not quite zero.

The ACC being as powerful as it is, allows a team like Clemson or Pitt to still make the tourney without actually winning the ACC. Not many other conferences where a team could do that. The Big 12 and Big Eastis only a 10 team league, so there is not the number of win opportunities and they are not as good.

LOL "if get in". Clemson isn't getting in the tournament unless the committee expands it to include every team in the country.

its not that far fetched there resume is decent enough to be discussed assuming they win there last 2 conference games and win 1 or 2 in acct

They are 4-12 in the Acc, they would need to win both games this week, and two acct games to have a shot.

i agree that is what they need to do but conference record is no different than non conference record ie its all 1 record in the ncaa selection room

i agree that is what they need to do but conference record is no different than non conference record ie its all 1 record in the ncaa selection room
Didn't selection committee have a rule that a team needed to be at least .500 in conference to get a bid? Pretty sure they did.

Didn't selection committee have a rule that a team needed to be at least .500 in conference to get a bid? Pretty sure they did.

nope teams have been under 500 and gotten bids thats just a media thing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom