My quesitions for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My quesitions for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Carrabba's Italian Grill in Fayetteville. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

This year’s schedule: Tuesday, November 12, 7:00 pm, Tuesday, November 19, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 5, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 12, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 19, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 26, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 2, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 9, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 16, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 23, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 30, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 6, 7:00 pm, Monday, February 13, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 20, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 27, 7:00 pm,
Thursday, March 5, 7:00 pm.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | NFL, Sports, Podcasts, Music & News

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

First Hour:

“Coach, after the Duke game I posted to our fan forum that Joe Girard had had quite a game: 17 points 7 assists, 1 turnover, 4 rebounds and 4 assists with Tre Jones guarding. Another poster found this take “hilarious” and said “Those of us who were there know what a bad game he had”, citing some defensive lapses and long range bricks. He said that the numbers in the box score are deceiving. Well, I was there and I noticed that you were there, too. What is your assessment of Joe’s performance in that game and how relevant are the stats in the box score in evaluating a player?”

Second Hour:

“Coach, over the first 17 game we shot 37% from three point range. Over the last 5 games it’s been 27%. I realize that the option is trying to take away the three point shot but is something really a strength if the other team can just decide to take it away? How can we get out three point game going again?”

Second question is interesting- I’d be tempted to ask coach if he thinks fatigue could be a factor but I feel like that question won’t be received to well!

Getting a bit chippy with your first question. Which will only get you one of his standard take advice from fans you’ll end up sitting with them answers.

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Carrabba's Italian Grill in Fayetteville. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

This year’s schedule: Tuesday, November 12, 7:00 pm, Tuesday, November 19, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 5, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 12, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 19, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 26, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 2, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 9, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 16, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 23, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 30, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 6, 7:00 pm, Monday, February 13, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 20, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 27, 7:00 pm,
Thursday, March 5, 7:00 pm.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | NFL, Sports, Podcasts, Music & News

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

First Hour:

“Coach, after the Duke game I posted to our fan forum that Joe Girard had had quite a game: 17 points 7 assists, 1 turnover, 4 rebounds and 4 assists with Tre Jones guarding. Another poster found this take “hilarious” and said “Those of us who were there know what a bad game he had”, citing some defensive lapses and long range bricks. He said that the numbers in the box score are deceiving. Well, I was there and I noticed that you were there, too. What is your assessment of Joe’s performance in that game and how relevant are the stats in the box score in evaluating a player?”

Second Hour:

“Coach, over the first 17 game we shot 37% from three point range. Over the last 5 games it’s been 27%. I realize that the option is trying to take away the three point shot but is something really a strength if the other team can just decide to take it away? How can we get out three point game going again?”

Good grief! While you're at it, you might as well also mention to him your opinion you shared here on "our fan forum" in regards to his exchange with Mike Waters in that presser last week relative to QG.

Good grief! While you're at it, you might as well also mention to him your opinion you shared here on "our fan forum" in regards to his exchange with Mike Waters in that presser last week relative to QG.

That wouldn't produce his opinion of Joe Girard's game or of the relevance of box scores.

That wouldn't produce his opinion of Joe Girard's game or of the relevance of box scores.

Well, if your intent simply is to ask him what his opinion of Girard's game performance was in relation to the relative box score, there was no need to mention another poster's "hilarious" remark and the snide comment about how "you noticed that the coach was there too." Really? If you only wanted JB's opinion on that, you could've simply asked; do you think Joe had a good game? I ask because (in my opinion) when looking purely at that stat line, my view is that he certainly did have a good game. You could've also simply added; does a stat line always paint an absolute picture of one's overall game performance in your opinion?

Well, if your intent simply is to ask him what his opinion of Girard's game performance was in relation to the relative box score, there was no need to mention another poster's "hilarious" remark and the snide comment about how "you noticed that the coach was there too." Really? If you only wanted JB's opinion on that, you could've simply asked; do you think Joe had a good game? I ask because (in my opinion) when looking purely at that stat line, my view is that he certainly did have a good game. You could've also simply added; does a stat line always paint an absolute picture of one's overall game performance in your opinion?

I just thought I'd have a bit of fun with it. The poster referenced didn't have to use the 'hilarious' line or imply that I wasn't there. JB's response should be entertaining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom