My question for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My question for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from the Cavalier Room at the Marriott in Downtown Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question!
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: WGVA

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

“Coach, last week you said that one of the reasons we do well against zones but poorly against man for man defenses is that we have a lot of stationary jump shooters who can get their shots off more easily against a zone. Andrew White played in the Big Ten last year and must have seen a lot of man for man defenses. He shot 41% from three point range and scored 16.6 points per game. This year, in our losses, which have tended to be against man to man defenses, he’s averaging he’s averaging 29% from the arc and 10 points a game. What was Nebraska able to do to get him open looks?”

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from the Cavalier Room at the Marriott in Downtown Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question!
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: WGVA

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

“Coach, last week you said that one of the reasons we do well against zones but poorly against man for man defenses is that we have a lot of stationary jump shooters who can get their shots off more easily against a zone. Andrew White played in the Big Ten last year and must have seen a lot of man for man defenses. He shot 41% from three point range and scored 16.6 points per game. This year, in our losses, which have tended to be against man to man defenses, he’s averaging he’s averaging 29% from the arc and 10 points a game. What was Nebraska able to do to get him open looks?”

Call me crazy, but I find it rather interesting that JB can make such a comment about his own team relative to the zone, but somehow doesn't translate that same thinking/principle relative to our opponents when they're torching us in the zone. JB's immense stubbornness apparently doesn't allow him to see the irony in his mindset while stringently staying zone at all cost.

Anybody know where I can listen from out of state? Can never find it on TuneIn radio.

Call me crazy, but I find it rather interesting that JB can make such a comment about his own team relative to the zone, but somehow doesn't translate that same thinking/principle relative to our opponents when they're torching us in the zone. JB's immense stubbornness apparently doesn't allow him to see the irony in his mindset while stringently staying zone at all cost.
Exactly and this is exercised in several other thoughts, comments, and strategies that he's employed over the years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom