My Question for Tomorrow Night's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My Question for Tomorrow Night's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from the Cavalier Room at the Marriott in Downtown Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question!
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: WGVA

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

1st Hour: "Coach, John Gillon seems to have a lot of trouble scoring on his drives to the basket. About once a game he’ll dish to another player and that player will usually score easily. If he looks to dish more, won’t he not only get more assists but also more baskets because the defense will have to pay more attention to the other players?

2nd Hour: "Coach, is DaIuan Coleman’s career essentially over? How good a player could he have been on healthy knees? “

"Coach, is DaIuan Coleman’s career essentially over?"

but the coach said when asked just last week that dajuan was available to play . you expect an honest answer ?

1st Hour: "Coach, John Gillon seems to have a lot of trouble scoring on his drives to the basket. About once a game he’ll dish to another player and that player will usually score easily. If he looks to dish more, won’t he not only get more assists but also more baskets because the defense will have to pay more attention to the other players?

I give you a lot of credit for your dedication to the radio show. I'm not sure how many people listen to it on a regular basis but you might have more people read your recaps than actual listeners. Thanks for the hard work recapturing the conversations.

I'm not sure JAB even has an answer to your Gillon question. This is a coaching staff loaded with guards. From great point guards like Autry to great shooters like GMAC, to great hustlers like Hop, to a great "player opposing fans love to hate" in Devo and even JAB himself who played guard in the jump ball era. That's what has to be the most puzzling that they can't get through to either Gillon or Howard for them to be successful. And yet Gillon has two pretty good games in a row vs Miami and Pitt where it looked like he turned the corner where he had 11 assists both games and scored a total of 28 pts. But what happened after that. Why did he look so good, like a 5th year senior should. I wish JAB knew that answer.

"Coach, is DaIuan Coleman’s career essentially over?"

but the coach said when asked just last week that dajuan was available to play . you expect an honest answer ?

Yes. I've been getting them for years.

Yes. I've been getting them for years.
I'd ask him what we can reasonably expect from Coleman for the rest of the season. He probably won't answer your first Coleman question as you've worded it, and frankly he shouldn't answer it.

What was the most satisfying win this season so far and what was the most disappointing loss and why?

Where do you buy the gigantic shirts you wear to the games?

2818738b3f0d082ab01562cf1c2d7b41.jpg

I'd ask him what we can reasonably expect from Coleman for the rest of the season. He probably won't answer your first Coleman question as you've worded it, and frankly he shouldn't answer it.

You're probably right, that's a better way to put it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom