My question for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My question for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
(it is Wednesday, right? And tomorrow is Thursday?)

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Carrabba's Italian Grill in Fayetteville. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Syracuse University
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | NFL, Sports, Podcasts, Music & News

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

“Coach, we’ve seen some teams have great success against our defense by positioning a man at the high post who can shoot, drive or pass inside or back out from there. Marek Dolezaj seems to have the skills to do that for us. Could using him in that role help us when our offense bogs down? “

Anyone who wants a legit question to be asked post it here I will call it in.
The question can’t be trollish.

Anyone who wants a legit question to be asked post it here I will call it in.
The question can’t be trollish.

I assume the reference to a "legit question" is just a requirement for your service rather than a comment on my questions.

"Bah Humbug replied the coach as he spat out his lamb and kidney pie"

I assume the reference to a "legit question" is just a requirement for your service rather than a comment on my questions.
Your question is fine but if other wants another question asked and don’t want to call. I am saying I will.
I wouldn’t bother asking your question as you are calling in.
I got no problem at all with your question.

Are you even allowed to ask him challenging questions on this call, or do those get shut down? Because there’s a slew of questions about this team and the offense we’ve been running for the past 5 years that I’m sure many in this area want answered.

Are you even allowed to ask him challenging questions on this call, or do those get shut down? Because there’s a slew of questions about this team and the offense we’ve been running for the past 5 years that I’m sure many in this area want answered.
Call in be respectful but make sure you ask whatever you want right away as Park will jump in.
Just be fair. Don’t ask a question to elicit negativity be respectful and tough. I am sure he would answer

Your question is fine but if other wants another question asked and don’t want to call. I am saying I will.
I wouldn’t bother asking your question as you are calling in.
I got no problem at all with your question.

Ask what can be done about not having the SC wind down so much and relying on desperation jacks. The east-west passing. Seems like all the commentators are mentioning that we need to get a shot off earlier in a possession. Unless this is totally by design.

you'll be asked what your question is and then put on hold. i imagine some callers get shut down but it's never happened to me. but like someone above said you will be typically silenced after the question is put forth. not much chance of a followup . but the coach is usually much nicer to the callers than to the press. and please turn down your radio when on the air !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom