My question for tomorrow night's JIm Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My question for tomorrow night's JIm Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
(This year's Jim Boeheim Show begins tomorrow night. I'm assuming that it will be a two hour show from the beginning, as Dino Babers' show has been. I was unable to find an announcement about this year's show so the lead-in below is unchanged from last year. If there are changes, I'll put them in in future posts.)

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Carrabba's Italian Grill in Fayetteville. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | NFL, Sports, Podcasts, Music & News

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

First Hour:

“Coach in the past you’ve typically used about 10 scholarships on recruited players. You’ve said that you don’t want guys who expected to play sitting on the end of your bench and unhappy about it. This year you’ve got 12 such players and would have had 13 if Oshea hadn’t left. They are all underclassmen and yet you are recruiting more players for next year. Did you make a decision that, with so many guys leaving early, you wanted their replacements to already be on the team and learning your system so you might as well use all your scholarships?”

Second Hour:

“Coach, I Iooked at the high school highlight clips of our three centers, Bourama Sidibie, Jesse Edwards and John Bol Ajak. Bourama’s tape showed that, when healthy, he has all the abilities you’d want from a center: blocking shots, rebounding, running the court, driving to the basket, posting up, hitting short jumpers. With Edwards and Bol Ajak, I saw no defensive highlights. Both of them have said in interviews that they consider themselves to be non-traditional centers with diverse skills. I think you are kind of a traditionalist regarding centers: you want defense and rebounding. Do Jesse and John have the talent in those areas that you want in your centers?”

my question.

JB you're like mad ahab chasing coach K for most wins. given this year's rosters K likely pulls away plus 10.
are you ready to retire your harpoon ? thank you. i'll hang up and listen. call me ishmael.

Last edited:
swc all like BOHEIM ISNT IT TIME TO HANG EM UP AND WHY CANT YOU COACH OFFENSE

my question.

JB you're like mad ahab chasing coach K for most wins. given this year's rosters K likely pulls away plus 10.
are you ready to retire your harpoon ? thank you. i'll hang up and listen. call me ishmael.

swc all like BOHEIM ISNT IT TIME TO HANG EM UP AND WHY CANT YOU COACH OFFENSE

It will be interesting to hear his answers when you call them in. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom