My Question for tonight's (first) Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My Question for tonight's (first) Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Carrabba's Italian Grill in Fayetteville. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Syracuse University
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | NFL, Sports, Podcasts, Music & News

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

"Coach, everybody is trying to figure out what this team needs to do to get back on track. We obviously need Frank Howard back and for Oshae Brissett to get back to scoring those double-doubles. But what about the defense? Why are we suddenly giving up 80+ points per game? "

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Carrabba's Italian Grill in Fayetteville. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Syracuse University
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | NFL, Sports, Podcasts, Music & News

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

"Coach, everybody is trying to figure out what this team needs to do to get back on track. We obviously need Frank Howard back and for Oshae Brissett to get back to scoring those double-doubles. But what about the defense? Why are we suddenly giving up 80+ points per game? "

JB's response: It's a numbers/law of averages thing. Just look at the stock market, actuarial concepts tell you that nearly 77% of time, equities and bonds don't move in the same direction, however, this past year they have. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. But statistically speaking, staying in zone, does minimize the overall long term risk factor. ;):)

SWC75 how early into the show do I need to call to make sure I can get on. I have things to do where I don’t want to wait on hold for over an hour.

So the show is tonight. How early do I need to call?
I am going to call and ask about the offense.

Think its Thursdays per the OP but can send questions beforehand.

alsacs i typically wait less than 4 minutes. depends on commercials. but it's quick.

JB’s answer that he wants to drive the ball works when you are playing against a man to man defense but we played a zone against Oregon.
I wanted to press his answer but Park didn’t give me Steve time.

I get the feeling you have to ask a very crisp question if you aren’t a regular. No monologue to set up the question. I’d ask, “why don’t we pass the ball?”

I get the feeling you have to ask a very crisp question if you aren’t a regular. No monologue to set up the question. I’d ask, “why don’t we pass the ball?”
He did say we don’t have an offense with a lot of passing or motion.
He wants to drive and shoot 3’s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom