My Question for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My Question for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Carrabba's Italian Grill in Fayetteville. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

This year’s schedule: Tuesday, November 12, 7:00 pm, Tuesday, November 19, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 5, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 12, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 19, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 26, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 2, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 9, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 16, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 23, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 30, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 6, 7:00 pm, Monday, February 13, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 20, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 27, 7:00 pm,
Thursday, March 5, 7:00 pm.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | NFL, Sports, Podcasts, Music & News

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

“Coach, after Saturday we’ve got nothing but ACC opponents the rest of the way. We are 1-5 against ‘power conference’ teams so far. In those games we’ve rebounded 24% of our misses while our opponents have rebounded 38% of theirs. We know that’s it hard to rebound out of a zone because it’s harder to block out. But on offense, you aren’t in a zone. What’s the key to successful offensive rebounding for this team?”

I can never find it online even with the app, any other ways to listen to the show?

I’d be curious to ask him what one area he thinks we could realistically improve the most in over the course of our remaining schedule.

and yes I did submit it.

Last edited:
I’d be curious to ask him what one area he thinks we could realistically improve the most in over the course of our remaining schedule.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

block out
Wording
5C2267B5-909F-48B6-AF55-98CAC84EB2F4.gif

Suggestion?
We know that’s it hard to rebound out of a zone because it’s harder to block out. But on offense, you aren’t in a zone.

Maybe just combine these two: We know that it‘s hard to rebound out of a zone but on offense you aren’t in a zone. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think superior athleticism and toughness can translate into better offensive rebounding. More minutes from Guerrier would improve the situation, but outside of him, I'm just not not seeing much upside from the current roster. Hughes seems like he could help out on the offensive glass, but he needs to stay on the floor and can't afford to be overly aggressive there.

Maybe just combine these two: We know that’s it hard to rebound out of a zone because but on offense you aren’t in a zone. ?

Because what?

Because what?
I‘m half joking about JB being sensitive to the term “block out” or “box out” but either way it’s more succinct without it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom