My Question for Tonight's Jim Boeheim | Syracusefan.com

My Question for Tonight's Jim Boeheim

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Delmonico’s Italian Steakhouse on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: http://tunein.com/radio/WGVA-1240-s29191/

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

(Some years they have started out just with an hour show and later shifted to a two hour show. I came up with two questions and sent in the first, which is the question I always like to begin the year with. If it’s a two hour show, I’ll ask the second in the second hour.)

First hour:

“Coach, when the NCAA sanctions came out a certain local sportswriter, (with the same initials as “British Petroleum”), suggested that being limited to 10 scholarship players a year wasn’t much of a punishment because you only use 7-8 guys at most and rarely have more than 10 guys on scholarship anyway. What problems does a 10 scholarship limit pose for your program and how do you work around them? “

Second hour: (if they have one, which I don’t think they will)

“Coach, have you offered Coach Shafer any advice on how to remain clam when the referee’s calls go against your team? “

First hour:

“Coach, when the NCAA sanctions came out a certain local sportswriter, (with the same initials as “British Petroleum”), suggested that being limited to 10 scholarship players a year wasn’t much of a punishment because you only use 7-8 guys at most and rarely have more than 10 guys on scholarship anyway. What problems does a 10 scholarship limit pose for your program and how do you work around them? “

This deserves a like and at least 1 response! This is a perfectly worded question (as long as you verbalize whats inside of the parenthesis)

as always, well done!

JB will say, 'I play whoever gives us the best chance to win and it can change for any given game. If you get a chance to do a follow-up and press him about the schollie part of the question, he will say, 'it doesn't help us', or 'I like the players we have', or 'I don't worry about what I cannot control'.

JB will say, 'I play whoever gives us the best chance to win and it can change for any given game. If you get a chance to do a follow-up and press him about the schollie part of the question, he will say, 'it doesn't help us', or 'I like the players we have', or 'I don't worry about what I cannot control'.

Check out his actual answer. It's better than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom