My questions/comments for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My questions/comments for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from the Cavalier Room at the Marriott in Downtown Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question!
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: WGVA

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

1st Hour: “Coach, Pat, a regular caller to this show, invented a stat he calls “first chance points”. You take the total points a team scored and subtract second chance points, fast break points and points from the foul line. The result is intended to represent the points scored in a team’s initial offensive possessions. In our five game winning streak we’ve lost that stat four times, being outscored by 21 points, 195-216). We’ve been out-scored by 1 in second chance points, (69-70). We’ve outscored the opposition by 17 in fast break points, (54-37) and by 32 at the free throw line (93-61). The conclusion would seem to be that we need to beat teams down court and try and score before they get settled and if they do get settled, we need to be able to get to the line.”

2nd Hour: “Coach, for years teams have been attacking our zone by putting a big man who can shoot at the foul line and having him shoot from there, pass it down low or back out for three pointers. We have to big men who could be very productive in that role in Lydon and Thompson. But we rarely see them in the high post. Is that a strategy that works better against zones than man for man defenses? “

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom