My questions for the Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My questions for the Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Assuming the show will now take it's regular slot on Thurdsays nights at 7-9PM, (on FM 97.7 and 99.5 or AM 1200- it seems to bounce around, here are my questions for this week's Jim Boeheim Show:

First hour:

“Coach, SU fans have been left to imagine what this team would have been like with Tyler Ennis and Jerami Grant. You mentioned in your book that you thought they should stay another year but they listened to people who said that they would go higher in the draft than they actually did. Is it time to allow players to declare for the draft but retain their college eligibility and the option to return to their college teams if they don’t get drafted where they wanted to be?”

Second hour:

“Coach, I have another idea about increasing player’s options and bringing back some of the talent to the college level. People leave college for jobs and then come back to complete their education all the time outside of sports. What if players who leave school with eligibility left could try their hand at pro ball and, if it doesn’t work out, they could come back to school to get their degree and play for their school team? Would there be any downside to that? Jonny Flynn could be our point guard this year. “

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-437-7644. Or you can submit questions from this page:
http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4

I'll be summarzing it later that night and the enxt day. I've decided this year not to split it between the first, (Matt Park) hour and the second (Gomez) hour but rather the first summary will be about issues directly relaitng to the team and the last and next game and the second part will be about other issues, (although i'll include the answers to the above questions with the first part).

Assuming the show will now take it's regular slot on Thurdsays nights at 7-9PM, (on FM 97.7 and 99.5 or AM 1200- it seems to bounce around, here are my questions for this week's Jim Boeheim Show:

“Coach, I have another idea about increasing player’s options and bringing back some of the talent to the college level. People leave college for jobs and then come back to complete their education all the time outside of sports. What if players who leave school with eligibility left could try their hand at pro ball and, if it doesn’t work out, they could come back to school to get their degree and play for their school team? Would there be any downside to that? Jonny Flynn could be our point guard this year. “

Why not Pearl?

Someone please ask why, down 1, JB did not call a timeout on the KJ dribble off the foot TO...

I just want to know what his mindset was at the time...

Someone please ask why, down 1, JB did not call a timeout on the KJ dribble off the foot TO...

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-437-7644. Or you can submit questions from this page:
http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4

He addressed it in his post game press conference which was posted after the game. He said something to the effect that the plan was KJ dribbled down and was supposed to call a TO if nothing developed.

He addressed it in his post game press conference which was posted after the game. He said something to the effect that the plan was KJ dribbled down and was supposed to call a TO if nothing developed.
Interestingly, not allowing UM to get set-up on defense almost worked. As the breakdown of the play on the other site clearly illustrates, Ricky Doyle was slow getting down the court, so Christmas was initially being defended by UM guard Zak Irvin, whom he has sealed off. KJ saw this too late, but if he could have gotten the ball to Rak, he was in great position to either score or be fouled.

Last edited:
Interestingly, not allowing UM to get set-up on defense almost worked. As the breakdown of the play on the other site clearly illustrates, Ricky Doyle was slow getting down the court and Christmas was initially being defended by UM guard Zak Irvin, whom he has sealed off. KJ saw this too late, but if he could have gotten the ball to Rak, he was in great position to either score or be fouled.

Isn't it amazing how our experts either miss or ignore the facts from your post and the one above it? If we don't get the results we wan't, it seems many have the taste for the blood of a scapegoat or 2.

Interestingly, not allowing UM to get set-up on defense almost worked. As the breakdown of the play on the other site clearly illustrates, Ricky Doyle was slow getting down the court, so Christmas was initially being defended by UM guard Zak Irvin, whom he has sealed off. KJ saw this too late, but if he could have gotten the ball to Rak, he was in great position to either score or be fouled.

Not sure what other site you are referring to but I will bet a Qazillion dollars that JB saw that unfold as KJ brought the ball upcourt and decided not to call timeout for that exact reason: because he saw the mismatch and Rak's positioning.

Watching on TV, I missed that.

What site are you referring to? I would like to see it.

Not sure what other site you are referring to but I will bet a Qazillion dollars that JB saw that unfold as KJ brought the ball upcourt and decided not to call timeout for that exact reason: because he saw the mismatch and Rak's positioning.

Watching on TV, I missed that.

What site are you referring to? I would like to see it.
The breakdown of the play is analyzed on the site we are not allowed to mention here.

Since this article appeared, KJ was quoted as saying he had been instructed to bring the ball up and if nothing was there, to call the TO.

The breakdown of the play is analyzed on the site we are not allowed to mention here.

Since this article appeared, KJ was quoted as saying he had been instructed to bring the ball up and if nothing was there, to call the TO.

Man, for someone who has been on this board for over a decade, sometimes I am really in the dark.

I have no idea what site we are not allowed to mention here...

The Uconn Boneyard?

Man, for someone who has been on this board for over a decade, sometimes I am really in the dark.

I have no idea what site we are not allowed to mention here...

The Uconn Boneyard?

sounds fishy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom