My questions for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My questions for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from the Cavalier Room at the Marriott in Downtown Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question!
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: WGVA

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

1st Hour: "Coach, in the press conference after the Wake Forest game a reporter implied that our improved rebounding in the second half was due to greater effort on the player’s part. You made it clear that there were other factors involved. Fans are quick to attribute poor performance to quantity of effort rather than quality of effort. What should we look for as we watch a game to determine the difference?"

2nd Hour: "Coach, in the Notre Dame game our players had a hard time finishing drives to the basket. It wasn’t just one guy. We missed enough lay-ups, dunks and tip-ins to have stayed in that game if we’d made them. Were these misses due to physical limitations, poor technique, indecision or something else?"

Great questions as always. I wonder if there is way to carefully craft the first question in terms of inquiring (again) about technique involved for defensive rebouding. Like why we see opponents go right around our players often. I guess I don't quite understand your "quantity of effort rather than quality of effort" portion of that sentence. Regardless, good stuff and maybe I'm (and you, perhaps) barking up the wrong tree with that first question, ha.

Great questions as always. I wonder if there is way to carefully craft the first question in terms of inquiring (again) about technique involved for defensive rebouding. Like why we see opponents go right around our players often. I guess I don't quite understand your "quantity of effort rather than quality of effort" portion of that sentence. Regardless, good stuff and maybe I'm (and you, perhaps) barking up the wrong tree with that first question, ha.

I debated how to ask the first question and may change my mind. JB seemed upset that (I think it was Dona Ditota), interpreted the lack of rebounding in the first half as a lack of effort and I want him to expand on that subject. The quantity vs. quality thing is about playing hard vs. playing well - doing things efficiently.

Got it. He sure did. It was Donna. I don't get it. It's stuff we see in games and anybody can see on film. The lack of effort, watching guys grab the ball or go around us for the ball. It's commonplace. I get he's defensive about that but still. Donna was being fair. Oh well. Thanks again for this effort of yours.

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from the Cavalier Room at the Marriott in Downtown Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question!
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: WGVA

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

1st Hour: "Coach, in the press conference after the Wake Forest game a reporter implied that our improved rebounding in the second half was due to greater effort on the player’s part. You made it clear that there were other factors involved. Fans are quick to attribute poor performance to quantity of effort rather than quality of effort. What should we look for as we watch a game to determine the difference?"

2nd Hour: "Coach, in the Notre Dame game our players had a hard time finishing drives to the basket. It wasn’t just one guy. We missed enough lay-ups, dunks and tip-ins to have stayed in that game if we’d made them. Were these misses due to physical limitations, poor technique, indecision or something else?"
You long ago established a solid history of well-thought-out questions, but this week's edition really stands out as an excellent outing. I'll look forward to hearing/seeing how it goes. Thank you, as always, for being a true hero to fans near and far.

You long ago established a solid history of well-thought-out questions, but this week's edition really stands out as an excellent outing. I'll look forward to hearing/seeing how it goes. Thank you, as always, for being a true hero to fans near and far.

:oops::rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom