My questions for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My questions for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Shaughnessy’s at the Marriott in Downtown Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: http://tunein.com

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

First Hour:

Coach, it’s obvious to other teams that we struggle against zones so we know we’ll be seeing a lot of them. We don’t have the outside shooting to “bust” a zone so we need to penetrate it and open it up by placing a man in the high post from where he can shoot, drive or pass, (I call that the “can opener”). You seemed to audition three guys for that role against Pittsburgh: Oshae Brissett, Matt Moyer and Marek Dolezaj. Could you give us you assessment of how they each did in that role?

Second Hour:

“Coach prior to the Pitt game a local radio program interviewed Dick Groat, who still does color commentary for Pitt basketball at the age of 87, although he has to do it from his home now. Dick was a basketball All-American at Duke but also played baseball and eventually made that sport as his profession, becoming the national league MVP and batting champion for the Pirates in 1960, the year they won the World Series against the Yankees. These days each sport seems to be a 12 month proposition at the college level. Does that serve our athletes well? Our can you be a two sport athlete these days? ”

"by placing a man in the high post from where he can shoot, drive or pass, (I call that the “can opener”). You seemed to audition three guys for that role against Pittsburgh..."

is that what bernie was teaching the bigs ?

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Shaughnessy’s at the Marriott in Downtown Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: http://tunein.com

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

First Hour:

Coach, it’s obvious to other teams that we struggle against zones so we know we’ll be seeing a lot of them. We don’t have the outside shooting to “bust” a zone so we need to penetrate it and open it up by placing a man in the high post from where he can shoot, drive or pass, (I call that the “can opener”). You seemed to audition three guys for that role against Pittsburgh: Oshae Brissett, Matt Moyer and Marek Dolezaj. Could you give us you assessment of how they each did in that role?

Second Hour:

“Coach prior to the Pitt game a local radio program interviewed Dick Groat, who still does color commentary for Pitt basketball at the age of 87, although he has to do it from his home now. Dick was a basketball All-American at Duke but also played baseball and eventually made that sport as his profession, becoming the national league MVP and batting champion for the Pirates in 1960, the year they won the World Series against the Yankees. These days each sport seems to be a 12 month proposition at the college level. Does that serve our athletes well? Our can you be a two sport athlete these days? ”

Good questions. I especially like the 2nd one, and miss seeing guys who excelled at 2 sports in college or even the pros, regardless of what school they went to. I look forward to reading Boeheim's replies. Thank you for your service to this board.

Call it in.
i've talked with the coach several times over the past twenty years. (often give him pity calls when traffic seems slow). the point here being don't be shy about calling in. you get a brief screening as to the nature of your inquiry and are put on hold for a bit. turn down your radio. you can hear the show on the headset and will get a heads up when you are next up. the coach has always been very much more amicable to the radio audience then he is with the press. he even tolerates my inanities . always fun and informative. give it a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom