My Questions for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Delmonico’s Italian Steakhouse on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: http://tunein.com/radio/WGVA-1240-s29191/

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

First hour:

“Coach, Dino Babers has just become the seventh Syracuse head football coach since you became our head basketball coach. What qualities does it take to be a successful head coach at the major college level and how much does it vary from sport to sport? “

Second hour: (if they have one):

“Coach, you’ve been very success full in in-season tournaments. Syracuse won only one such tournament prior to your tenure here: the Hurricane Classic in 1963. Since you became coach we’ve won 21 tournaments that took place in the Carrier Dome and 15 of them away from the Carrier Dome. Your winning percentage in these tournaments is higher than your overall winning percentage. We’ve always had good teams but we’ve played many good teams in these events. What are the reasons you’ve been able to have such success in winning tournaments?”

I don't know, that second question is skirting dangerously close to the verboten subject . . .

I don't know, that second question is skirting dangerously close to the verboten subject . . .

Why? Mike took over for the Georgetown game, which was not part of a tournament.

My understanding was that JB was NOT going to do the show while serving his suspension. I think that was reported on a sports show here in Rochester about a week ago.

Why? Mike took over for the Georgetown game, which was not part of a tournament.

Eh, just talking about Syracuse basketball. Maybe I don't understand every detail about his constraints. He can talk about past basketball but not present basketball? Anyway, I hope his show is on and you get to ask your questions.

My understanding was that JB was NOT going to do the show while serving his suspension. I think that was reported on a sports show here in Rochester about a week ago.

Not what they've been saying on the radio this week. Anyway, I'll find out in half an hour.

going kinda easy on B-dog. eggshellin' ?

triplecrown_1_7-6-08_t670.jpg

much bigger hippopotamus in the room

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors