My Questions for tonight's Dino Babers Show | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for tonight's Dino Babers Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Coach Babers’s show this year show will be Thursday nights at 7PM except when the game is not on a Saturday. The show is two days before the game, except for Thanksgiving week. Here is the schedule:

Thursday, Aug. 29 – 7 pm; Thursday, Sept. 5 – 7 pm; Thursday, Sept. 12 – 7 pm
Thursday, Sept. 19 – 7 pm; Thursday, Sept. 26 – 7 pm; Tuesday, Oct. 8 – 7 pm
Wednesday, Oct. 16 – 7 pm; Thursday, Oct. 24 – 7 pm; Thursday, Oct. 31 – 7 pm
Thursday, Nov. 14 – 7 pm; Thursday, Nov. 21 – 7 pm; Tuesday, Nov. 26 – 7 pm

They are now adding the “Gomez Hour” that they do from 8-9PM for the Jim Boeheim basketball shows to the Dino Babers football show. I’ll be summarizing the comments directly related to the team and the next game (late) on the night of the broadcast and anything else interesting the next day, (if there is anything else that seems interesting). I’ll have a “first hour” and a “second hour” question.

The show will originate from PressRoom Pub, located at 220 Herald Place in Syracuse's historic Herald Square, each week this season.

You can also listen to the show live each week on the Syracuse IMG Sports Network and Cuse.com. Wednesday's show will be on 99.1 FM and 97.7 FM, as well. The show will regularly air on 99.5FM (Syracuse) 99.1 FM (Utica) and 1200 AM.”
You can also get it on: Listen to Dave Ramsey Show on WGVA on TuneIn

There hasn’t been any change in the phone numbers, which last year were 315-424-8599 (local) or 1-888-746-2873. You can call to ask questions or submit them via Twitter at: https://twitter.com/CuseIMG
#AskDino or through Cuse.com, (the SU Athletic website):
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics

You can (or could last year, anyway), listen to a podcast of the show, probably the next day, at: Search results for babers | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn
I’ve been asked to continue doing the summaries, even by people who listen to the podcasts. I may focus on the major points, rather than trying to record everything.

My Question(s) or Comments

First Hour:

“Coach, I like to think you used the two-back backfield just to make me happy. It’s been suggested that you didn’t really want to use it against Liberty because you were saving that and other things for the Clemson game. Do coaches really not use formations or plays because they are saving them for a future opponent? Are we to the point where we can afford to hold things back against certain opponents?”

Second Hour:

“Coach I saw a report on TV that Georgia is very proud of their starting interior offensive line which averages 328 pounds per man. Our starters average 304. The famous “Sizable Seven” line of our 1959 national champions average 215 pounds per man. Our 1987 undefeated team had a line that averaged 275, which seemed impressive at the time. Where is this trend going? Where were all the 300 pounders in the old days? Is it a healthy thing to have this many players who are carrying this much weight?”

Those of us who can't get the coach's radio show are on tenterhooks awaiting the show summary!

found the other post with the very nice show summary. In the words of Rose Anne Rosanadana "Nevermind."

Last edited:
My question for Coach Babers:
Remember that time you were in the locker room and you said, “Whose House?” And all the players answered “Our House”? That was awesome!
006D1BE5-92E9-4FC1-BA33-C6AB60398790.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom