My questions for tonight's Dino Babers Show | Syracusefan.com

My questions for tonight's Dino Babers Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Coach Babers’s show this year show will be Thursday nights at 7PM except when the game is not on a Saturday. The show is two days before the game, except for Thanksgiving week. Here is the schedule:

Thursday, Aug. 29 – 7 pm; Thursday, Sept. 5 – 7 pm; Thursday, Sept. 12 – 7 pm
Thursday, Sept. 19 – 7 pm; Thursday, Sept. 26 – 7 pm; Tuesday, Oct. 8 – 7 pm
Wednesday, Oct. 16 – 7 pm; Thursday, Oct. 24 – 6 pm; Thursday, Oct. 31 – 6 pm
Thursday, Nov. 14 – 6 pm; Thursday, Nov. 21 – 6 pm; Tuesday, Nov. 26 – 6 pm

They are now adding the “Gomez Hour” that they do from 8-9PM for the Jim Boeheim basketball shows to the Dino Babers football show. I’ll be summarizing the comments directly related to the team and the next game (late) on the night of the broadcast and anything else interesting the next day, (if there is anything else that seems interesting). I’ll have a “first hour” and a “second hour” question.

The show will originate from PressRoom Pub, located at 220 Herald Place in Syracuse's historic Herald Square, each week this season.

You can also listen to the show live each week on the Syracuse IMG Sports Network and Cuse.com. Wednesday's show will be on 99.1 FM and 97.7 FM, as well. The show will regularly air on 99.5FM (Syracuse) 99.1 FM (Utica) and 1200 AM.”
You can also get it on: Home | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn

There hasn’t been any change in the phone numbers, which last year were 315-424-8599 (local) or 1-888-746-2873. You can call to ask questions or submit them via Twitter at: https://twitter.com/CuseIMG
#AskDino or through Cuse.com, (the SU Athletic website):
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics

You can (or could last year, anyway), listen to a podcast of the show, probably the next day, at: Search results for babers | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn
I’ve been asked to continue doing the summaries, even by people who listen to the podcasts. I may focus on the major points, rather than trying to record everything.

My Question(s) or Comments

First Hour:

“Coach, we all know the 2019 team is not the 2018 team. It’s been suggested that a big difference lies in the “intangibles”. That word is a jambalaya of a lot of other words: leadership, character, toughness, focus, confidence, belief. How would you compare the intangibles of this team to last year’s team and are the deficits something the team can grow out of or will it take a different mix of personalities to do that?”

Second Hour:

“Coach, the glory of Syracuse football lies in three eras: after Archbold Stadium was built we had a stretch from 1914-1935 of 22 straight winning season. When Ben Schwartzwalder arrived we had a stretch from 1950-1971 of 22 straight years without a losing season. When we built the carrier Dome we had a stretch from 1987-2001 of fifteen straight winning seasons. People assumed last year heralded the beginning of another glory era. But those other teams never had to compete in the ACC Atlantic division, with multiple national championship-caliber programs and no really bad teams. Should we adjust our expectations to realize that we are now capable of having a year like last year but that it’s going to take a couple of year to build up to it and that runs of winning seasons are not going to happen anymore?”

so we have the good stretches and then about 15 yrs of meh... time to go back the other way for good soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom