My Questions for tonight's Dino Babers Show | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for tonight's Dino Babers Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
(There still has not been an introductory article about this year’s Dino Babers Show, so I assume it will be like last week’s hour long “Zoom” show, not at a restaurant and with the opportunity for only one question. The phone numbers are the same.)

Coach Babers’s show this year show will be Thursday nights at 7PM except when the game is not on a Saturday.

I’ll be summarizing the comments directly related to the team and the next game (late) on the night of the broadcast and anything else interesting the next day, (if there is anything else that seems interesting). I’ll have a “first hour” and a “second hour” question.

They are doing the show on Zoom, not at any local restaurant.

You can also listen to the show live each week on the Syracuse IMG Sports Network and Cuse.com. Wednesday's show will be on 99.1 FM and 97.7 FM, as well. The show will regularly air on 99.5FM (Syracuse) 99.1 FM (Utica) and 1200 AM.”
You can also get it on: Home | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn

There hasn’t been any change in the phone numbers, which last year were 315-424-8599 (local) or 1-888-746-2873. You can call to ask questions or submit them via Twitter at: https://twitter.com/CuseIMG
#AskDino or through Cuse.com, (the SU Athletic website):
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics

You can (or could last year, anyway), listen to a podcast of the show, probably the next day, at: Search results for babers | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn
I’ve been asked to continue doing the summaries, even by people who listen to the podcasts. I may focus on the major points, rather than trying to record everything.

My Question(s) or Comments

“Coach, I’ve always thought that being a wide receiver is a little like being a basketball player. They used to say that basketball was a ‘non-contact sport’. Bill Russell replied that “basketball was a contact sport. football is a collision sport”. Jim Boeheim is always urging his players to hit the weight room and get stronger so they can get their shots off and get those rebounds and loose balls. A wide-out has to create space to catch the ball and run with it. Taj Harris often seems to lack such room on those sideline passes. He was 6-2 175 last year and is listed as 6-2 164 this year. Would he be better off in the slot with Justin Barron, (6-4 208) or Ed Hendrix, (6-3 220) on the sideline passes?”

(There still has not been an introductory article about this year’s Dino Babers Show, so I assume it will be like last week’s hour long “Zoom” show, not at a restaurant and with the opportunity for only one question. The phone numbers are the same.)

Coach Babers’s show this year show will be Thursday nights at 7PM except when the game is not on a Saturday.

I’ll be summarizing the comments directly related to the team and the next game (late) on the night of the broadcast and anything else interesting the next day, (if there is anything else that seems interesting). I’ll have a “first hour” and a “second hour” question.

They are doing the show on Zoom, not at any local restaurant.

You can also listen to the show live each week on the Syracuse IMG Sports Network and Cuse.com. Wednesday's show will be on 99.1 FM and 97.7 FM, as well. The show will regularly air on 99.5FM (Syracuse) 99.1 FM (Utica) and 1200 AM.”
You can also get it on: Home | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn

There hasn’t been any change in the phone numbers, which last year were 315-424-8599 (local) or 1-888-746-2873. You can call to ask questions or submit them via Twitter at: https://twitter.com/CuseIMG
#AskDino or through Cuse.com, (the SU Athletic website):
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics

You can (or could last year, anyway), listen to a podcast of the show, probably the next day, at: Search results for babers | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn
I’ve been asked to continue doing the summaries, even by people who listen to the podcasts. I may focus on the major points, rather than trying to record everything.

My Question(s) or Comments

“Coach, I’ve always thought that being a wide receiver is a little like being a basketball player. They used to say that basketball was a ‘non-contact sport’. Bill Russell replied that “basketball was a contact sport. football is a collision sport”. Jim Boeheim is always urging his players to hit the weight room and get stronger so they can get their shots off and get those rebounds and loose balls. A wide-out has to create space to catch the ball and run with it. Taj Harris often seems to lack such room on those sideline passes. He was 6-2 175 last year and is listed as 6-2 164 this year. Would he be better off in the slot with Justin Barron, (6-4 208) or Ed Hendrix, (6-3 220) on the sideline passes?”

Are there rules for what can be asked?

Can the whereabouts of Summers be asked or no?

You can probably ask anything. It's whether Dino will answer or not

You obviously need to be civil and avoid profanity. A 'negative' question will likely get a negative response. A question he's already answered, (not just on the show), probably won't get a lengthy response.

I see no reason you couldn't ask how Summer's development is coming along and if we might see him this year.

Great question. The incredible shrinking Taj Harris doesn’t seem to fit with the size requirements of being a wide receiver in college football

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom