My questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from the Cavalier Room at the Marriott in Downtown Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question!
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: WGVA

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

1st Hour: “Coach, you’ve described the difficulty of re-training graduate transfers to play in your system. Our grad transfers scored 71 of our 100 points against NC State. What role, moving forward, will grad transfers play in this program? Will we be active in that market or will we focus on freshmen who can be more easily trained and could be here for four years? “

2nd Hour: “Coach, one trend we’ve had all season is that if the other team has an outstanding jump shooter, he’ll have one of his best games against us. I would think they would be our #1 defensive priority and we’re usually pretty good at shutting down one guy. Where are the breakdowns coming from?”

Great questions as always. I suspect on number 2 it's a systemic breakdown across the entire defense. Also this team falls for pump fakes more than any team I remember. Just stay on your feet!

Outstanding questions. Just to expand on your second question, there have been about 10 game this year where players have had season or career-high games against us. No one can tell me that is not a result of the zone we play.

Great questions as always. I suspect on number 2 it's a systemic breakdown across the entire defense. Also this team falls for pump fakes more than any team I remember. Just stay on your feet!

As Coach Orange said, I think this team is taught to jump out on shooters. I have never seen so many guys jump by shooters to the point where they take themselves completely out of position to do anything on defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom