My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Carrabba's Italian Grill in Fayetteville. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

This year’s schedule: Tuesday, November 12, 7:00 pm, Tuesday, November 19, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 5, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 12, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 19, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 26, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 2, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 9, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 16, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 23, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 30, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 6, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 13, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 20, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 27, 7:00 pm,
Thursday, March 5, 7:00 pm.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | NFL, Sports, Podcasts, Music & News

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

(I composed these questions before last night’s game, which offered a partial answer to them but decided to go with them anyway.)

First Hour:

“Coach, fans love offense but coaches stress defense. Looking at our last five teams the ones that were better on defense than on offense wound up in the NCAA tournament and won 70% of their games there. The teams that were better on offense wound up, (or might wind up) in the NIT, so it appears coaches might be smarter than fans.

This team has no seniors. I don’t see anyone among potential recruits that seem likely to turn our defense around, so it’s up to the returning players. Can these players become the sort of defensive team that can go to the NCAAs and do well there or will they always be trying to out-score people?”

Second Hour:

“Coach, Marek Dolezaj has made 91% of his free throws in the last 9 games. It would seem that he could also shoot from there in our normal offense and that that would open things up even more for his drives and passes. Is there a big difference between shooting free throws from and shooting jump shots from there? “

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Carrabba's Italian Grill in Fayetteville. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

This year’s schedule: Tuesday, November 12, 7:00 pm, Tuesday, November 19, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 5, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 12, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 19, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 26, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 2, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 9, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 16, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 23, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 30, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 6, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 13, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 20, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 27, 7:00 pm,
Thursday, March 5, 7:00 pm.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | NFL, Sports, Podcasts, Music & News

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

(I composed these questions before last night’s game, which offered a partial answer to them but decided to go with them anyway.)

First Hour:

“Coach, fans love offense but coaches stress defense. Looking at our last five teams the ones that were better on defense than on offense wound up in the NCAA tournament and won 70% of their games there. The teams that were better on offense wound up, (or might wind up) in the NIT, so it appears coaches might be smarter than fans.

This team has no seniors. I don’t see anyone among potential recruits that seem likely to turn our defense around, so it’s up to the returning players. Can these players become the sort of defensive team that can go to the NCAAs and do well there or will they always be trying to out-score people?”

Second Hour:

“Coach, Marek Dolezaj has made 91% of his free throws in the last 9 games. It would seem that he could also shoot from there in our normal offense and that that would open things up even more for his drives and passes. Is there a big difference between shooting free throws from and shooting jump shots from there? “

Q2 answer: Yes - they are not defending you at the foul line. :rolleyes:

- signed, Captain Obvious

giphy.gif

Please don’t ask Question 1, I don’t want him to think anyone wants to return to the days of rock fights.

In general teams with better more athletic players play better offense and defense. Let’s just concentrate on better players that are capable of playing all aspects, or even most aspects of the game.

Q2 answer: Yes - they are not defending you at the foul line. :rolleyes:

- signed, Captain Obvious

giphy.gif

They are not defending at the foul line anyway. He's almost got an open jump shot from there but chooses to do one of his whirling drives to the basket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom