My questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
First hour:

"Coach, some people got the impression, (no idea where they got it from), that you aren’t fully satisfied with the play of your team thusfar. Some have suggested “He’s trying to send a message to his players”. At the time of a press conference, you’ve just come from the locker room so I suspect you’ve already given the players any messages you might have. They are probably on their way home and will not be tuning into the coach’s press conference. Have you ever said anything in a press conference that is directed at your players?"

Second hour:

"Coach, could you please describe your philosophy on end of the game situations where you are ahead by 1-2 points with a few seconds left on the clock and the other team is inbounding from the other end of the court? It seems to me, (a fan in the third deck), that since you players will have been told not to foul, it might be best to front the inbound guy and force him to pass to the side, so the clock can begin with the ball 80 feet from the basket or throw it high, meaning it’s up for grabs, rather than allowing a pass to go directly to midcourt where a makeable shot can be attempted."

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Delmonico’s Italian Steakhouse on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-4424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: http://tunein.com/radio/WGVA-1240-s29191/

just off the top of my head but james southerland was one player who i remember as being really adept at face guarding an inbounder.

They had to throw it over the top of his head.

"Coach, could you please describe your philosophy on end of the game situations where you are ahead by 1-2 points with a few seconds left on the clock and the other team is inbounding from the other end of the court? It seems to me, (a fan in the third deck), that since you players will have been told not to foul, it might be best to front the inbound guy and force him to pass to the side, so the clock can begin with the ball 80 feet from the basket or throw it high, meaning it’s up for grabs, rather than allowing a pass to go directly to midcourt where a makeable shot can be attempted."

Great question! This has been driving me crazy for years. I hope you get a considered response. Then one of our influential admins (CTO?) should arrange for you to get a press pass so you can liven up the post-game press conferences.

Great question! This has been driving me crazy for years. I hope you get a considered response. Then one of our influential admins (CTO?) should arrange for you to get a press pass so you can liven up the post-game press conferences.

I wait a few days until he's eating Chicken Marsala at Delmonico's. He's in a better mood. You won't catch me raising a hand at one of those press conferences.
Young-Man-Scared-1600620.jpg

you have to ask him about the Cooney Contact

Fill me in. What is the "Cooney Contact?"

(Or you could call him yourself)

SWC75 said:
Fill me in. What is the "Cooney Contact?" (Or you could call him yourself)

Why did he go all MMA on Cooney.

"Some people got the impression that you aren’t fully satisfied with the play of your team thus far..."

HA HA HA HA HA! Master understatement.

And I know you wouldn't waste your precious time bringing up "the incident." There's no happiness that can come from that.

"Some people got the impression that you aren’t fully satisfied with the play of your team thus far..."

HA HA HA HA HA! Master understatement.

And I know you wouldn't waste your precious time bringing up "the incident." There's no happiness that can come from that.

Hopefully, unlike in the press conference, JB lets the radio guy finish reading the question.

First hour:

"Coach, some people got the impression, (no idea where they got it from), that you aren’t fully satisfied with the play of your team thusfar. Some have suggested “He’s trying to send a message to his players”. At the time of a press conference, you’ve just come from the locker room so I suspect you’ve already given the players any messages you might have. They are probably on their way home and will not be tuning into the coach’s press conference. Have you ever said anything in a press conference that is directed at your players?"

Second hour:

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Delmonico’s Italian Steakhouse on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-4424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: http://tunein.com/radio/WGVA-1240-s29191/

SWC, I just wanted to express my gratitude to you and let you know I appreciate having someone like you on here as our ambassador to JB. It's quite satisfying to (in my case) see the answers to some of these questions we otherwise wouldn't be able to get an answer to from the horse's mouth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom