My questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
First hour:

"Coach, people are comparing this Kentucky team to top teams of past years. You mentioned the 1996 Kentucky team and have praised the 1976 Indiana team that wouldn’t even let opponents get a shot off. I remember the 1968 UCLA team that beat a #1 ranked, 31-0 Houston team by 32 points in the national semi-finals. Considering all the changes in the game and the players, how far back can you reasonably go in searching for the best college basketball team ever? "

Second hour:

"Coach, people have wondered whether a player like Tyler Ennis, in terms of his development as a basketball player, is better off in the “D” League or in college. The arguments are about the amount of time they have to spend on basketball, the facilities available, the quality of coaching, the intensity of the completion, the atmosphere of the game, etc. Could you compare the two environments in terms of preparing a player for the NBA?"

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Delmonico’s Italian Steakhouse on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-4424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: http://tunein.com/radio/WGVA-1240-s29191/

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

Ever thought of doing your own podcast Steve? Like seriously it's a travesty that you're not live on the air somewhere.

Would love to hear JBs answer to that second question. That would be something to hear his opinion. I assume he would say college is better, but you never know.

I'm able to listen to the first hour with the link you gave but unable for the second, I'm curious as well to the second question.

Ever thought of doing your own podcast Steve? Like seriously it's a travesty that you're not live on the air somewhere.

I'm afraid that would be a travesty. :rolleyes:

Would love to hear JBs answer to that second question. That would be something to hear his opinion. I assume he would say college is better, but you never know.

My summary is up and I think you'll find the answer very interesting. He pointed out something that I hadn't seen discussed at all- how many people you have to beat out if you're not a top draft choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom